Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    I was. Sorry bro.
    No worries. I had to look it up. DP in the DP Tour stands for Dubai Ports Authority owned by the ruling royal family of Dubai. Sounds like more Arab oil money. PGA seems to be ok with this partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Has anybody seen if the caddies are getting anything different in LIV? I know not taking care of their caddies has been an issue with the PGA for years. I am curious if they are offering a better package for the caddies and how that might also sway some golfers to LIV for a better working relationship with out it coming out of their pocket.
      Haven't seen all the details but heard they were taking care of all of their travel and hotel expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Has anybody seen if the caddies are getting anything different in LIV? I know not taking care of their caddies has been an issue with the PGA for years. I am curious if they are offering a better package for the caddies and how that might also sway some golfers to LIV for a better working relationship with out it coming out of their pocket.
        On the broadcast this morning they said that standard percentages apply based on what they had heard.

The caddies are going to love it.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          SO the PGA suspended all the players taking part in the LIV? PGA acting like they own people

No, they’re acting like they have a business to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I doubt the LIV will last more than a couple of years. I can remember when there were USGA events besides just the US Open and there were PGA events. Eventually TV and prize money won out. If the PGA doesn't allow players from the LIV to play in PGA events such as the PGA, Masters, Players etc. it won't be long some of those guys may come back. Plus if the LIV is dominated every week by a few players it will get boring quick.

Comment

Look who showed up in the LIV promo video just released. May not mean anything but interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by gspbrad View Post
                https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...olf-tournament

The Tour doesn't have the moral high ground like they think they do. How did they get their start? They spun off from club professionals several decades ago with Jack Nicklaus helping drive it. What is the pay disparity between club pros and Tour pros? How are Phil, DJ, etc any different than what Jack did? How long did it take the Tour to embrace drug testing? How often do you hear of any violations? It's still a country club mentality and the good ol boy network.

Tour pros look squeaky clean on TV - behind the scenes - different story. Gambling, alcohol, drugs, extra-marital affairs, etc .... these guys aren't boy scouts. They should stop with the innuendo about being morally above the LVI.

No human is perfect. I know of no "boy scouts" or anyone claiming to be. One can always point to some bad deeds by any person. Only Christ was perfect. However, those actions that you list do not even compare to the Saudis including:
                1. Routinely using torture as punishment
                2. No free speech and jail terms for any protest
                3. Total discrimination against women
                4. Religious persecution, particularly Christians
                5. 37 executions in a single day (many for political reasons)
                6. Support of terrorism across the globe (and likely participation in 911 attacks)

These guys are selling out and playing for the most despicable people on the plant. To even attempt to compare the start of the PGA to LIV is a total red herring.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Aguechee View Post
                  No human is perfect. I know of no "boy scouts" or anyone claiming to be. One can always point to some bad deeds by any person. Only Christ was perfect. However, those actions that you list do not even compare to the Saudis including:
                  1. Routinely using torture as punishment
                  2. No free speech and jail terms for any protest
                  3. Total discrimination against women
                  4. Religious persecution, particularly Christians
                  5. 37 executions in a single day (many for political reasons)
                  6. Support of terrorism across the globe (and likely participation in 911 attacks)

These guys are selling out and playing for the most despicable people on the plant. To even attempt to compare the start of the PGA to LIV is a total red herring.
                  Take out the 37 executions and replace women with men and you pretty much have described our federal government.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                    I doubt the LIV will last more than a couple of years. I can remember when there were USGA events besides just the US Open and there were PGA events. Eventually TV and prize money won out. If the PGA doesn't allow players from the LIV to play in PGA events such as the PGA, Masters, Players etc. it won't be long some of those guys may come back. Plus if the LIV is dominated every week by a few players it will get boring quick.
                    The biggest challenge they face - you hit on - TV. What network is going to broadcast these events? Corporate sponsor advertising and prime time televised coverage. Got to get it in the force fed conga line to be successful ....

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      Take out the 37 executions and replace women with men and you pretty much have described our federal government.
                      I thought the same thing lol .....

Comment

Some of yall are forgetting how much $ the saudi's have. They don't need for this to be profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                          Some of yall are forgetting how much $ the saudi's have. They don't need for this to be profitable.
                          especially with $120 oil, they have an endless amount of money.

Comment

If anyone cares the first round is streaming now from London. The live leaderboard is kinda cool since it was a shotgun start.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-exyLWw5pq8"]June 9: LIV Golf Invitational London - Round 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The biggest challenge they face - you hit on - TV. What network is going to broadcast these events? Corporate sponsor advertising and prime time televised coverage. Got to get it in the force fed conga line to be successful ....
                              The first round is on right now. It's streaming on youtube.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...olf-tournament

The Tour doesn't have the moral high ground like they think they do. How did they get their start? They spun off from club professionals several decades ago with Jack Nicklaus helping drive it. What is the pay disparity between club pros and Tour pros? How are Phil, DJ, etc any different than what Jack did? How long did it take the Tour to embrace drug testing? How often do you hear of any violations? It's still a country club mentality and the good ol boy network.

Tour pros look squeaky clean on TV - behind the scenes - different story. Gambling, alcohol, drugs, extra-marital affairs, etc .... these guys aren't boy scouts. They should stop with the innuendo about being morally above the LVI.
                                Lets stop comparing partying to mass murder.

Comment

Working...
                                X