LIV Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    OK thanks, shows how much I pay attention to the sponsor. I'm sure my son knows lol. I see the Euro Tour and watch a few minutes here or there when it is the only thing on.
    Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
    Pretty sure he was yanking your chain when he said Dude Perfect sponsors it.
    I was. Sorry bro.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Dude Perfect sponsors it.
      ha

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I couldn't disagree more.
        I love when the players struggle!

Comment

Winning on the PGA Tour is harder now than it ever has been. Less repeat winners and more new faces showing up on the leaderboard every week. Competition is extremely deep, and top 10 players miss the cut on a regular basis. I can only assume that some of these guys that have had a taste of winning don't enjoy having to bust their balls for the hopes of a top 20 finish on any given week. So, a guarantee at being in the spotlight every week, a guaranteed paycheck, and not having to face the 50 best players in the world on a week in and week out basis must appeal to those that care more about seeing their name on the leaderboard than the level of competition.

Edited to add... I don't care for it. I'll keep watching the PGA. So, bye Felicia!
          Last edited by Duane; 06-08-2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Rory said it best. If you make choices and your life strictly for money it usually doesn’t turn out good. There’s somethings money can’t buy, and you can’t buy your name on the traditional tournaments.

Comment

I like it when it’s not a pitch and putt and the winner is plus 6 for the tournament!

Comment

Originally posted by KDD View Post
                I like it when it’s not a pitch and putt and the winner is plus 6 for the tournament!
                Yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                  Rory said it best. If you make choices and your life strictly for money it usually doesn’t turn out good. There’s somethings money can’t buy, and you can’t buy your name on the traditional tournaments.
                  The same Rory who signed a 20 million dollar a year deal with Nike just to wear their apparel? That doesn't include all his other sponsors and when he used to charge 2 million dollar appearance fees just to show up when he played in special tournaments. Rory is one of my favorite golfers to watch but he likes his money as much as the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by KDD View Post

I imagine the LIV league will mix it up quite a bit. They are going to set up some Amen Corner types of holes and probably have at least one drivable par 4 every course.

Comment

The PGA Tour has suspended the 17 current and former members -- including Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson and Sergio Garcia -- who are taking part in the first LIV Golf tournament.

The Tour doesn't have the moral high ground like they think they do. How did they get their start? They spun off from club professionals several decades ago with Jack Nicklaus helping drive it. What is the pay disparity between club pros and Tour pros? How are Phil, DJ, etc any different than what Jack did? How long did it take the Tour to embrace drug testing? How often do you hear of any violations? It's still a country club mentality and the good ol boy network.

Tour pros look squeaky clean on TV - behind the scenes - different story. Gambling, alcohol, drugs, extra-marital affairs, etc .... these guys aren't boy scouts. They should stop with the innuendo about being morally above the LVI.

Comment

SO the PGA suspended all the players taking part in the LIV? PGA acting like they own people

Comment

One thing I know for sure is the PGA Tour being a 501(c)(6) is a joke!

Comment

This just got really interesting. Maybe the European tour should suspend all players who play in PGA tour events because the prize money is roughly double. I hope both tours succeed but if I'm a tour player I couldn't help but feel like a slave. The money LIV is offering players probably just went up.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

So why are golfers villains for changing jobs to make more money? How many of us have changed employers to make more money? Most have or we'd all still be working that first job we ever had. The scale of the money is different, sure, but the concept is the same. Not to mention shorter work week and guaranteed salary frees up more quality of life time away from work. I don't care one way or another about this new tour, but always find it interesting how sports fans apply different standards to the competitor's jobs than they do their own.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody seen if the caddies are getting anything different in LIV? I know not taking care of their caddies has been an issue with the PGA for years. I am curious if they are offering a better package for the caddies and how that might also sway some golfers to LIV for a better working relationship with out it coming out of their pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X