Deep in the heart......Movie starts June 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    ... hopefully youth groups attend this summer as it will definitely inspire conservation, biology, and overall ecological awareness. Remember, we don't need everyone to be pro hunting nor do we need everyone anti hunting......but having folks being in the middle and understanding the parameters is far more important.
    Agree 100%.

I really wish I could see it on the big screen, but I won't be stateside again for 6 more weeks, and I'm sure it's not gonna run very long in the theaters. I'll keep an eye open for it to hit streaming services.

Comment

Just got out of it. 8.5 out of 10![emoji6]! The term hunter conservationist was used 3 times....which is very positive. Credit was given to hunters in actually saving species.[emoji123] Yes, the mountain lion deal was overplayed but far from a deal breaker. Heck, the extended footage on the bats kinda loss my attention.[emoji43]*[emoji94]
      The cinematography was outstanding and in line with Blue Planet, Discovery, Nat Geo & PBS.
      Pretty good attendance surprisingly, hopefully youth groups attend this summer as it will definitely inspire conservation, biology, and overall ecological awareness. Remember, we don't need everyone to be pro hunting nor do we need everyone anti hunting......but having folks being in the middle and understanding the parameters is far more important.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review Oscar!

Comment

It was pretty and family friendly, better than most stuff….how about that Elk & Bucks….,or all those reds on the flats!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Clearly this movie isn't real. Not one HOA shown in the blacklands. Not one "Lab" in East TX. Not one entrepreneur on the street corner. Not one Toyota Vs Chevy Vs Ford rant. This movie was not filmed here.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't seen the movie. But if it's like yall say about the big cats, I ain't give-n them my money. Just shows their ignorance, and lack of education on the matter. I can't support something that's wrong.

Comment

Just got out of it. 8.5 out of 10![emoji6]! The term hunter conservationist was used 3 times....which is very positive. Credit was given to hunters in actually saving species.[emoji123] Yes, the mountain lion deal was overplayed but far from a deal breaker. Heck, the extended footage on the bats kinda loss my attention.[emoji43]*[emoji94]
              The cinematography was outstanding and in line with Blue Planet, Discovery, Nat Geo & PBS.
              Pretty good attendance surprisingly, hopefully youth groups attend this summer as it will definitely inspire conservation, biology, and overall ecological awareness. Remember, we don't need everyone to be pro hunting nor do we need everyone anti hunting......but having folks being in the middle and understanding the parameters is far more important.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
              Awesome!! Ben Masters is a hunter himself and has many YouTube videos of him hunting, so I’m not buying the anti hunting people are talking about on this film!

May try to go watch it tomorrow.

Comment

Great film overall. The lion trapping portion was only a few minutes. I liked that they covered the importance of groundwater recharge.

Did anyone else notice the blood dripping from the bull elk’s velvet antlers at the water hole? Awesome footage.
                Last edited by 30-30; 06-05-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Y’all keep supporting that sorry azz Mathew, he was in Uvalde Friday telling the press how “we” have to do something about the terrible guns that are causing these shootings!

Comment

Tough crowd....as usual As you type on your Apple Phone

I thought the footage was great and the kids loved it. Solid movie

Comment

Just got done with it. Awesome footage I too noticed the blood dripping from the elks antlers as he shed. You can tell Ben dedicated a lot of his time to this and it’s awesome to see someone so willing to show how beautiful Texas is. As for the mountain lion deal I support regulation of them. We regulate everything in Texas all the way to javelina why shouldn’t they be protected in a responsible manner the way the west does. We are sportsmen and should take a look at the impact we have on the species.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                        Y’all keep supporting that sorry azz Mathew, he was in Uvalde Friday telling the press how “we” have to do something about the terrible guns that are causing these shootings!

There’s another thread for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X