No announcement yet.

Hot dogs anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never eaten a hotdog unless it was a Hebrew national even as a kid my parents wouldn’t let me eat one.

Comment

I love hot dogs and corn dogs. The best I’ve ever had though are at baseball games. Why is that. What VooDoo are they putting in that mustard? Maybe it’s just the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
        I toured the Sandersons Farms chicken processing plant over a decade ago as an educational understanding on industrial hygiene , it was then when I learned about mechanically separated meat processes.

Literally bones thrown in a mega centrifuge.

Meat puddy is the end result.

Needless to say, no-one was in the mood for fried chicken or hot dogs for lunch that day, or maybe ever again.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I toured Owens Sausage back when I was in HS. Back when the pigs came off the trailer live and came out the other side all wrapped up. It was a while before I could eat sausage again.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          I toured Owens Sausage back when I was in HS. Back when the pigs came off the trailer live and came out the other side all wrapped up. It was a while before I could eat sausage again.

Ha, I had the same sentiments about chicken and chicken products.

I still vividly remember a dark room, filled with men grabbing live chickens on a conveyor belt, and hanging them upside down by their feet, flopping around.
          Then the chickens passed prongs that electrocuted them to stun them and keep them from moving, followed by circular saws that cut their heads off, which fell into a flowing tunnel of water beneath the floor. The feet stayed attached and circled back around, to apparently be packaged elsewhere as I was told they are a delicacy for some[emoji15]

Then dipped into boiling water, defeathered, mechanically split in half, then into quarters, inspected by a USDA inspector, then separated into bins and moved to the other side of facility, with hundreds of workers all dressed the same, hand cutting and packaging. Room Temperatures dropped as the processing went on.

The mechanical meat separator was the finally.

A massive bin of chicken puddy rolled to its way to become hot dogs, sandwich meat, chicken nuggets and other consumables

Comment

I put chili on my hotdog, so....

Comment

Little kids don't care what happens before they turn into nuggets lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKwL5G5HbGA"]Jamie Oliver Shows School Kids How Chicken Nuggets are made - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

If most outside this sight knew what a catfish ate, no one would eat them either! I have that iron stomach, hot dogs, bologna, spam, potted meat, etc!

Comment

I had some HCF chicken franks this weekend. Grilled onions and jalapenos wirh mustard and grated cheese. Very tasty.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    I had some HCF chicken franks this weekend. Grilled onions and jalapenos wirh mustard and grated cheese. Very tasty.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    I like the cheap Bar S with mustard, grilled onions, jalapenos and sauerkraut.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      I like the cheap Bar S with mustard, grilled onions, jalapenos and sauerkraut.

Bar S thick bologna is my jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

You ain't wrong Dale! It's the shizzle! (Does anyone say that anymore? )

Comment

I love hotdogs, but I like em charred pretty good on the outside. Mustard, onions and relish please

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I like Bar S bologna. Not a fan of cheap hot dogs though. Prefer all beef if buying for myself. If someone else is cooking them I'll eat whatever. #hotdogsnob lol

Comment

Mmm now I have to go to Heb and pick up some hotdogs for supper tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                                Mmm now I have to go to Heb and pick up some hotdogs for supper tonight.

Stupid H‑E‑B only carries beef hot dogs.

Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X