Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Which TX beach in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    The gangstas come from the Valley and party all night on Padre Blvd. I don't think most got rooms. Not sure why that would change.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Honestly,we spend 10-12 weeks a year down there and rarely see anything that concerns me. Most of the LE situations we see are 18-25yo chicks drunk in bikinis pulled over for DUI.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
      Honestly,we spend 10-12 weeks a year down there and rarely see anything that concerns me. Most of the LE situations we see are 18-25yo chicks drunk in bikinis pulled over for DUI.
      Have you been on the big weekend of Texas week? It is a madhouse. I lived there for a couple of years. This was back in 09. There were ZERO college kids on the main drag. They all stay at Coca Cola Beach. All of the locals knew what was coming and prepared. Were you out on the main drag at 3am on Saturday of Texas week? Of course all the other 361 days are fine. The two weekends that bookend Texas week are/was insane.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-25-2022, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        A beach is a **** beach. I’ve never understood why the color of the sand matters so much to some people…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wow.. Such vast wisdom!!! Geezzus..

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Have you been on the big weekend of Texas week? It is a madhouse. I lived there for a couple of years. This was back in 09. There were ZERO college kids on the main drag. They all stay at Coca Cola Beach. All of the locals knew what was coming and prepared. Were you out on the main drag at 3am on Saturday of Texas week? Of course all the other 361 days are fine. The two weekends that bookend Texas week are/was insane.

We don't go during Texas week but I have been told by those who work and live out there that it's not like that anymore. They said this year was pretty calm.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
            Galveston is the trailer park of beaches. Bolivar is the only beach (I’ve encountered) in TX that I’d consider peaceful- if conditions require using a car/truck to easily access
            You’ve obviously never been to PINS.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
              We don't go during Texas week but I have been told by those who work and live out there that it's not like that anymore. They said this year was pretty calm.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
              Very nice. I'm glad it isn't.

Comment

I would spend extra $ and go to cinnamon shores at PA

this texas boy ain’t in love with texas beaches, but this is my favorite.

Comment

Bumping this one back up. I'm thinking about going to Port Aransas end of July for 3 nights. Staying at a hotel. Condos & Air BnBs are priced out.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Does anyone make a pop-up canopy that can survive the winds there?

Comment

Take 5 gal buckets and fill with sand. Tie a bucket to each leg of the canopy.

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
                      Bumping this one back up. I'm thinking about going to Port Aransas end of July for 3 nights. Staying at a hotel. Condos & Air BnBs are priced out.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Does anyone make a pop-up canopy that can survive the winds there?
                      Pricey for how simple they are but the Shibumi beach shade is pretty neat and quick to put up and take down. Only thing is, the breeze/wind is what makes it work. We set it up one morning a few days ago at Jamaica Beach and there was hardly a breeze so it just hangs there!...and my kite wouldn't even stay up!lol Wind picked up a bit later and all was well. Not crowded at all this past week by the way. Clean and very little seaweed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        A beach is a **** beach. I’ve never understood why the color of the sand matters so much to some people…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are coming along nicely with your grouchiness, Dale. Once you get some more age, you are a shoe in!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X