Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Which TX beach in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
    Galveston is the trailer park of beaches. Bolivar is the only beach (I’ve encountered) in TX that I’d consider peaceful- if conditions require using a car/truck to easily access
    Funny how perspectives are different.
    I'm not sure if we've just gotten lucky on the weekends we've gone- but our last two trips to Bolivar we experienced more vagrants/ homeless sea crabs hanging out than we have in the other areas mentioned.

Maybe there was a recent bus drop off or something .

We watched one do a faceplant on the rear steps of the ambulance they were trying to load him up on.
    The old Bud Light Ice hit a little hard in the full sunshine.

Yes I feel sorry for them as a whole, just not what I want to watch stumble about on my get a way days.
    Last edited by DaveC; 05-23-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      A beach is a **** beach. I’ve never understood why the color of the sand matters so much to some people…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It's not the sand that makes the difference...it's the water. Galveston water is not pretty, at all, except for those rate occasions when the stars align just perfectly....which is not very often for Galveston

For fishing - Galveston is just fine. For water clarity and swimming.....go south. SPI definitely has the prettiest water Texas offers.

The further south you go....the clearer the water.

Comment

Galveston is trash. Head south. Or head to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
          The further south you go the better they get.
          I don't agree at all but I too used to believe it.

We have spent time on SPI every year for nearly 20 years but went to Port A for the first time this year and the beaches there are 10x nicer than SPI.

Port A has the nicest beaches I have found in TX but there isn't much else to do there like there is on SPI

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
            Galveston is the trailer park of beaches. Bolivar is the only beach (I’ve encountered) in TX that I’d consider peaceful- if conditions require using a car/truck to easily access

Have investments in Boliver do you?

That’s a bit humorous! There are more outlaws in Boliver alone than there are on the rest of the whole TX coast! The only thing that cleans the garbage up there is a good storm.
            I’ve fished Boliver many a day and I liked it but I got in early, left early!

Maybe it’s changed in the last few years though?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              A beach is a **** beach. I’ve never understood why the color of the sand matters so much to some people…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Water quality-clear water, seaweed, and then white sands.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                I don't agree at all but I too used to believe it.

We have spent time on SPI every year for nearly 20 years but went to Port A for the first time this year and the beaches there are 10x nicer than SPI.

Port A has the nicest beaches I have found in TX but there isn't much else to do there like there is on SPI
                I cannot agree with this at all. I have frequented both my whole life. I lived in South Padre for a couple of years. The water is blue/clear there almost year round. Port A only has that water a few months out of the year.

As far as sand the nicest/cleanest/widest is in Corpus. JP Luby.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-23-2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you all for taking time to share your perspective on my inquiry. We are looking at driving the extra hour to get to Port - A/ Padre Island area as it also allows us to spend a day looking at a few sites in San Antonio, a very minor detour.

Thanks GS!

Comment

Nothing special about Galveston beach in terms of sand and water, but Galveston itself isn't too bad. Of all the Texas beaches, SPI is the best quality beach in terms of water and sand. However, it is way out of the way and SPI itself has gotten extremely ghetto depending on when you go. I used to like going down there for Spring Break but I won't touch foot there around then these days. If it was me, I'd meet in the middle and do Port A or NPI / Mustang Island.

Comment

Texas beaches suck don’t waste your time just buy some plane tickets

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                        Nothing special about Galveston beach in terms of sand and water, but Galveston itself isn't too bad. Of all the Texas beaches, SPI is the best quality beach in terms of water and sand. However, it is way out of the way and SPI itself has gotten extremely ghetto depending on when you go. I used to like going down there for Spring Break but I won't touch foot there around then these days. If it was me, I'd meet in the middle and do Port A or NPI / Mustang Island.
                        Don't even think about Texas week in SPI. 4 hour wait in and out and very ghetto gangsta. Lol.

Comment

SPI…case closed.

Best water in TX. You can fish the surf, wade behind convention center and walk the jetties.

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                            We were down for SB this year to fish. We were shocked at how tame it was. Much tamer than when I was there in high school. Traffic was only bad in late afternoon and early evening. We ate early for dinner and never had to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                              We were down for SB this year to fish. We were shocked at how tame it was. Much tamer than when I was there in high school. Traffic was only bad in late afternoon and early evening. We ate early for dinner and never had to wait.
                              Texas week? 2009-10 was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                                Thank you all for taking time to share your perspective on my inquiry. We are looking at driving the extra hour to get to Port - A/ Padre Island area as it also allows us to spend a day looking at a few sites in San Antonio, a very minor detour.

Thanks GS!
                                Since it sounds to be in your path-
                                A spot my wife and I have been wanting to stop by- (but would require a pretty decent detour)

If you are into Texas history, this State Park and area are thick with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X