• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Range
    Once Upon A Time In The West
    The Wild Bunch

Comment

Only 3? Man that's tough. Pretty much anything with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. I'll stick with my most modern top 3 or 4.

Open Range

3:10 to Yuma (remake)

Tombstone

Magnificent Seven (remake)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Appaloosa with Ed Harris is really good.
        I agree with you. I bought the movie in a $5 bin at Walmart right after it came out 15+ years ago. Never heard of the movie, but I always like Ed Haris. Don`t know how many times I watched it at our Priddy lease. In my top 5 list.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXzzhpx8n4"]"Appaloosa" - Bar Scene HD - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

1) Young Guns
          2) Tombstone
          3) Blazing Saddles

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Banded Drake Calls View Post
            I have several favorites, but those that come to mind are Lonesome Dove, True Grit (original), The Cowboys

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
            "The Cowboys" is very underrated and one of my favorites that I watched over and over when I was a kid.

Comment

Just watched "Texas" on Grit. Very well done and entertaining for a 1941 film.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                2 other Duke flicks that rarely get mentioned are Rio Lobo, and The Train Robbers…both excellent as is The Shootist.

Never cared much for The Searchers.

Comanche Moon is also very underrated, Woodrow and Gus were very well cast, and Val Kilmer was excellent as always. I need to revisit Dead Man’s Walk too. Streets of Laredo is 100% trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                agree 100% on the Lonesome Dove Serie. The books were really good also.

1.The Cowboys
                2.The Good Ol Boys
                3.The Sacketts

Comment

I can't begin to list the best Westerns but I know it would start with The Searchers.

Somewhere in the top 5 is a very overlooked one.....The Big Country. Must see!!

Comment

My three….

Red River
                    The Searchers
                    Josey Wales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Over 140 post and not one mention of "High Noon" with Gary Cooper or "The Big Country" with Gregory Peck. The original "Monty Walsh" and "Cat Ballou" with Lee Marvin were good movies. I enjoyed "Halleluiah Trail" with a lot of big name actors. Besides Lee Marvin I haven't noticed Burt Lancaster listed with great actors.

Comment

Does "No Country For Old Men" count?

Saw "The Spikes Gang" for the first time this weekend and liked it.

Lonesome Dove
                        High Plains Drifter
                        The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
                        The Revenant
                        Jeremiah Johnson

Comment

Working...
                        X