No announcement yet.

Battery string trimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fan. My wife kept using one and finally got me hooked once the batteries got big enough for power and time. Heck, I've got a battery power pole saw and a small chain saw, a blower with lots of volume and the whole dewalt kit of tools. I can't imagine going back to gasoline power for the small tools. The later model pickups can even charge them in the field so that excuse went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      I have the ego and it is has more power than my big stihl. I have 2 acres and with a full charge it will handle it! They don't have to be ran full throttle on everything - this is the key factor !
      Ego is the best in the industry, IMO. I've got the whole Ego suite of tools from the self propelled mower to the polesaw. Everything is as or more powerful than the equivalent gas version.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        I have the Ego 56 Volt line and LOVE it.

I have the multi head unit that will run multiple attachments, and the hedge trimmers. I’m thinking of adding a chainsaw to the mid too.
        You'll love the chainsaw. I carry it with me to the deer lease, I can trim stuff with it and not run everything off with the noise of a gas saw. The polesaw is no slouch either. I was cutting 5-6" limbs with ease with it.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        What does the EGO trimmer weigh? Is it front or back heavy?
        All depends on where you put the handle. Also changes depending on the battery size. I've got three different sized batteries.

Comment

I have a Milwaukee trimmer, blower and drill that use the M18 batteries. I have Dewalt stuff too but the 18v batteries I have are dying and I'm not replacing them. I do have the 20v Dewalt drill and it is a nice addition to the tool chest. The 18v Milwaukee will eat that Dewalt.

I was sold on Milwaukee by this:

Comment

Well, I got the milwaukee string trimmers and the edger attachment. The edger is really great for sidewalks and driveways. The string trimmer is a string trimmer.

Comment

Borrowed a Milwaukee string trimmer last weekend and my back was hurting from leaning over within a few minutes. Not sure which model I used but it seemed awfully short and I'm only 5 ft 8. Had to go over patches of weeds several times to get it to cut down. I did like the button push string feed.

Comment

Working...
              X