Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Battery string trimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Mikita, like others will not go back to gas. Main reason the deal I got they had 4 batteries that came with it with a dual charger. It takes 2 18v batteries to run, I can do everything I need on 1 full charge. It may have more power than my gas did

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      The older ones were hard to restring. The newer ones are easy.
      Cut about 10’, run string through both eyes and spin the head. Just like the echo speed feed if you’re familiar with them
      Wow! that sounds like a cool deal! I may order one and give 'er a whirl...
      Do you know what size line it takes?

Comment

We've been very happy with the Dewalt 60V trimmer & mower.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I bought a Ryobi 40V 2 weeks ago. Super excited as that was going to be the start of a full electric conversion for everything yard related for our household. A full charge battery didn't even finish half my urban front yard and the next day it caught on fire. I'm back to using my gas Husqvarna and gonna give lithium innovation a little more time to improve before trying again.
          Well after someone hearing my story of the excitement of going electric and then my experience with the Ryobi above ....I came home yesterday to a brand new EGO 56V weedeater. Man all I can say is wow. Took 20 minutes to fully charge the battery, and the weedeater did both my complete front and backyard without using even 50% of the battery!!! Absolutely BLOWN AWAY with the strength and performance! I didn't even know what EGO was before yesterday...but will do a deep dive into them here shortly. NIGHT AND DAY against Ryobi!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Well after someone hearing my story of the excitement of going electric and then my experience with the Ryobi above ....I came home yesterday to a brand new EGO 56V weedeater. Man all I can say is wow. Took 20 minutes to fully charge the battery, and the weedeater did both my complete front and backyard without using even 50% of the battery!!! Absolutely BLOWN AWAY with the strength and performance! I didn't even know what EGO was before yesterday...but will do a deep dive into them here shortly. NIGHT AND DAY against Ryobi!!!!

What does the EGO trimmer weigh? Is it front or back heavy?

Comment

Who sells the Ego products?

Comment

Y'all got me wanting the Milwaukee. Watched some reviews. Looks pretty good.

Comment

EGo with a push button string feed for refills. Gas powered can s$ck it! These units are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Weight is similar to a gas trimmer. Its very balanced. Love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Y'all got me wanting the Milwaukee. Watched some reviews. Looks pretty good.

You won’t be disappointed. They are nice .

Comment

Its weighs about the same as my old gas Husqvana ...but without a doubt better balanced.

Comment

Think I'm gonna take a chance on the DeWalt 20V, since I have so many DeWalt tools already and a bag full of batteries and chargers... My wife got a small one and she uses it, but it has become a genuine PITA because of the string feed (just like every other string trimmer I've ever had anything to do with) plus it has little power to cut anything tougher than dandelions... I have a Stihl, but she can hardly pick that sucker up for more than 5 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            Which one. There are a bunch out there and I know nothing about any of them.
                            Ego

Comment

Wow! that sounds like a cool deal! I may order one and give 'er a whirl...
                              Do you know what size line it takes?
                              It took whatever I had. I think it was .095, Charlie.
                              I will try to remember to look when I get home.

Comment

Jeff, I looked them up on the DeWalt website and they sure don’t have very good reviews!! Lots of complaints about that string feed and being difficult to refill the spool. Have you experienced any of that?
                                Their Amazon reviews are better…
                                My De Walt been good for less than 100bucks...Agree on string feed problem its s a ***** to refill and Instructions are even worse...went with De Walt cause I have plenty battery's..and been cycling them out and moving towards Milwaukee tools and weed eater when this one dies...

Comment

Working...
                                X