Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been happy with everything EGO!

Comment

I have had the Kobalt 80v trimmer for a couple of years. We have just under an acre and I can get 2 full trimmings from a single charge.

Comment

Since you have m18 batteries already go Milwaukee. You won’t be disappointed. I have the weed eater and a pole saw attachment . Works really good .

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          I'll probably go with Milwaukee. I have two chargers and 6 batteries, 2 big and 4 small.
          If you can wait a few weeks they normally run a fathers day special with the M18 trimmer, another tool(usually a blower or hedge trimmer) and 9 amp battery special. I got the trimmer, battery, and hedge trimmer for the price a the stand alone battery. The trimmer now has interchangeable ends too

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            If you can wait a few weeks they normally run a fathers day special with the M18 trimmer, another tool(usually a blower or hedge trimmer) and 9 amp battery special. I got the trimmer, battery, and hedge trimmer for the price a the stand alone battery. The trimmer now has interchangeable ends too
            Sounds like a plan. My shindawa still runs fine just getting difficult to start.

Comment

Kobalt 80v was great, until battery stopped working. But, battery is $160 so back to gas.

Comment

If DeWalt has one I may give that a try... I have lots of DeWalt tools plus the pole saw/hedge trimmer combo (which I don't really have a use for the hedge trimmer). If they have a string trimmer/edger attachment, it probably wouldn't cost me much to give it a go...
                Anyone have/had a DeWalt brand one?

Comment

My Milwaukee has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a Ryobi 40V 2 weeks ago. Super excited as that was going to be the start of a full electric conversion for everything yard related for our household. A full charge battery didn't even finish half my urban front yard and the next day it caught on fire. I'm back to using my gas Husqvarna and gonna give lithium innovation a little more time to improve before trying again.

Comment

Originally posted by Payton View Post
                      Ego with carbon fiber shaft. So smooth it feels less powerful buy BEWARE, outperforms my Echo.

The Ego stuff is all TOP notch. None of the other brands are close but maybe Makita.

I’m a Milwaukee, Stihl, and Echo fan. Use them all.

For ePower lawn stuff……Ego is the best.
                      This is the EGO I have! Very light also!

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                        Kobalt 80v was great, until battery stopped working. But, battery is $160 so back to gas.
                        FWIW Ive bought 3 knock off batteries off amazon and havent seen any less performance than factory. Granted they are just a year old but if they last 2 years and I buy another Im happy when 2 cost what one name brand does.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          FWIW Ive bought 3 knock off batteries off amazon and havent seen any less performance than factory. Granted they are just a year old but if they last 2 years and I buy another Im happy when 2 cost what one name brand does.
                          Does it use the same charger? Have a link? Ones I am seeing is $130-160.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                            Does it use the same charger? Have a link? Ones I am seeing is $130-160.
                            I bought for craftsman but this is directly from our purchase history.

Yes, same charger. I've used them on drill, pole saw, chain saw etc

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had the 80v Kobalt for 3/4 years. I’ll never own another gas machine

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                If DeWalt has one I may give that a try... I have lots of DeWalt tools plus the pole saw/hedge trimmer combo (which I don't really have a use for the hedge trimmer). If they have a string trimmer/edger attachment, it probably wouldn't cost me much to give it a go...
                                Anyone have/had a DeWalt brand one?
                                I do. 20V. Works great for me and what I need done.

Comment

Working...
                                X