Famous Relatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
    My step mom's brother is Eddie Hill if your a drag racing fan. Very cool fellar. Not sure how he likes his chili tho. He does like brandy and going fast tho! Got a good friend that was a pitcher for the rangers back when....we eat fish when we hang out tho.

I do know...if somebody calls me up and says come eat, we're having chili with beans or not....or beans with chili in it....or soup........Imona head that way not givachit!lol
    First in the 4’s and I was there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      George Childress is a distant relative on my grandmothers side. He is credited with being the primary Author of the Texas Declaration of Independence. His statue can be seen at Washington on the Brazos. He didn’t eat beans in his chili but never thought he’d have to include a clause in the declaration, but who could foresee so many carpetbaggers moving in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        My great uncle was Maxwell Smart. I still have his shoe phone....and nude photos of a young Agent 99....
        I bet he sold greeting cards for a living.

Comment

Might know a couple of my great great uncles Ike and Billy Clanton. Not to proud of those Daisies.

Comment

Euzebe Vidrine my famous relative. Google him

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have you all beat: I am a distant relative of a man named Marion Morrison.

He took a bunch of boys on a cattle drive once, teamed up with a young girl and even a preachers daughter to track down ne’er-do-wells. Wasn’t much of a family man. Spent most of his time chasing down ruffians and generally keeping the world safe for democracy. A recent picture of him here on TBH suggests that he was rather well endowed. I think that’s what May have made the greatest impression on all of you.

He wasn’t much of a cook; he had others make his chili for him. A house man named Chen Lee cooked for him for a while; and another time, a Mr. Nightlinger.

They say he was a man of vision.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                I have you all beat: I am a distant relative of a man named Marion Morrison.

He took a bunch of boys on a cattle drive once, teamed up with a young girl and even a preachers daughter to track down ne’er-do-wells. Wasn’t much of a family man. Spent most of his time chasing down ruffians and generally keeping the world safe for democracy. A recent picture of him here on TBH suggests that he was rather well endowed. I think that’s what May have made the greatest impression on all of you.

He wasn’t much of a cook; he had others make his chili for him. A house man named Chen Lee cooked for him for a while; and another time, a Mr. Nightlinger.

They say he was a man of vision.

Don’t forget puttin out oil well fires, and catchin wild African critters in Aftrica off the fender of a truck.

Oh, he was an Irish American pugilist, as well…till he went home to Ireland…

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Don’t forget puttin out oil well fires, and catchin wild African critters in Aftrica off the fender of a truck.

Oh, he was an Irish American pugilist, as well…till he went home to Ireland…

I figured it would take a little longer for someone to figure it out, but you got it.

Tell me the truth, it was his penchant for virgin daughters that gave it away, wasn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                    Agreed - I was going to connect my wife’s family to the Mayflower. But I’ll leave it that she liked beans in her chili.
                    Somewhere along the way we had a family member come over on the Mayflower.

Also were early settlers of Texas.

They must've all liked to party because I'm poor

Comment

Back in his racing days, my dad once beat Don Garlits and Shirley Muldowney

Comment

My family tree has been traced back many, MANY centuries. Come to find out, I am a descendant of a man called Charles the Great, otherwise known as Charlemagne. Fast forward a few centuries and my first ancestor that came to the US came here in the 1620’s. He brought his 3 sons here to keep them safe from an uprising in England that he was a big part of. He bought a huge plot of land and divided it amongst his 3 sons, then headed back to England to fight. Not too long after that, the people he put in charge of his sons sold the land and squandered the wealth. That land comprised an area from what is now New York down to South Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                          My step mom's brother is Eddie Hill if your a drag racing fan. Very cool fellar. Not sure how he likes his chili tho. He does like brandy and going fast tho! Got a good friend that was a pitcher for the rangers back when....we eat fish when we hang out tho.

I do know...if somebody calls me up and says come eat, we're having chili with beans or not....or beans with chili in it....or soup........Imona head that way not givachit!lol
                          That’s awesome. Loved watching him race

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            Texas Roadhouse's chili is pretty good and yes it has beans...
                            I gotta agree with this. I get it every time

Comment

Locally famous. But I won’t claim half my relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                                I figured it would take a little longer for someone to figure it out, but you got it.

Tell me the truth, it was his penchant for virgin daughters that gave it away, wasn’t it?

Come to find out, we had more than one thing in common![emoji1360]

Comment

Working...
                                X