No announcement yet.

Famous Relatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few “famous” relatives that I know of. My 2nd cousin is David Blue Garcia, he’s the director of the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. I have 2 cousins who were boxers, 1 came out on the contender with Sly Stallone and the other fought on a Mayweather undercard. For the old rock fans my cousin was a guitarist in the 80’s for the rock band Babylon A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      We may be related
      LOL..Any of these clans? Prudhomme, Lafleur, or Ledoux? We always had a big family reunion in Louisiana (hard to believe with these names) on Labor day weekend and us kids would raid the standing sugar cane. That was 50 years or so ago.

Comment

Can we even have a thread with the word chili in it without getting into the bean debate?
        It's like trying to have a serious thread with the word beaver in the title.

Comment

Most of my relatives are from Oklahoma. One of 'em invented chili and later moved to Texas. He eventually moved back to Oklahoma because they couldn't grow beans in Texas.

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          My cousin played major league baseball for several teams. He played for the Baltimore Orioles, Oak A's, KC Royals and finished his career back in Baltimore. Storm Davis
          I vaguely remember him.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I can only assume my relatives just mention me...

Comment

Not famous but accomplished. My grandfather was on the team that invented the color TV. He also has patents for the umbrella shaped radio antenna that was on the first moon buggy used in the last Apollo missions. He was from Jersey so I assume he liked beans in his chili.

Comment

I’ve got a famous relative and I’m telling everybody he likes beans in his chili until he lets me in the clique.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Is this a thread about famous relatives or chili?….or gimmicky restaurants who have chili with beans? Lots of directions for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That's TBH for ya, it's got the range of that obscure relative that was a background actor in a B hollywood picture show

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                  supposedly have bloodlines back to Henry VIII. I've never seen the lineage, but my grandmother has a very rare disease that he also had, so who knows.
                  My cousin was on David Letterman doing "Stupid Pet Tricks" with his dog Bailey. Currently has over 10 million views.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Comment

My great- great- grandfather invented the home.ade ice cream maker. His son, my great grandfather, worked at the Klondike factory. When we went up to Ohio he always had his freezer stocked with Klondike bars. Now I can't afford them

Also, I came here to see if I could buy chili with beans in it using bitcoin. Anyone know?

Comment

I cook my beans with chili in it.

Comment

The wife is 1st cousins 5 times removed to the *^&$#!(* yankee that's on the $5 bill.
                        We don't mention the name in my house and I've told her if she does, that she can't be buried in my family cemetery.
                        I'm 1st cousins to a retired federal judge who was next in line behind Roberts for the Supreme Court.
                        Brother in law was Executive Director for the Republican Party of Texas for 4 years, and a county judge for two terms.
                        I'm just the oldest child that should have known better.

Comment

SMDH. I knew this was...

Comment

My GGGGrandfather is listed in the Muster roll of Captain Billingsley's company and the Dixon & Kemp's list of "Heroes of San Jacinto."

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                              When he was alive my cousin was kind of famous Chef Paul Prudhomme. For the record, he did not put beans in his chili.
                              I used to sell him silicon dioxide for his seasonings.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa1210 View Post
                                My cousin was on David Letterman doing "Stupid Pet Tricks" with his dog Bailey. Currently has over 10 million views.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
                                And any time it’s replayed he gets a royalty. My daughter’s roommate in college was on for Stupid Human Tricks.

Comment

Working...
                                X