South Texas Hunter’s Thread 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bklem
    Yep, I am SW of Big Wells. Its been the opposite last few rains. My buddies place on Hwy 85 near the Rod Ranch has gotten a couple inches more than me over last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
      Bklem
      Yep, I am SW of Big Wells. Its been the opposite last few rains. My buddies place on Hwy 85 near the Rod Ranch has gotten a couple inches more than me over last few months.
      Yep. I’m SSE of Big Wells. SW Corner of Diamond H rd and the river.

Comment

The 1.5" we got about a month ago that started a nice green up is long gone... The green up has now turned brown... Just a good crop of mesquite and guajillo beans, but not much else... pears are decent, but nobody in the area to burn 'em... Even if so, it'd be too much of a fire hazard...

Comment

Headed down to the lease to expand 3 feed pens, move a couple of setups now that I know the wind a little better, and to check on a few other things. It’s going to be a hot one

Edit that…. Looks like we are getting some rain
          Last edited by jaker_cc; 07-15-2022, 02:33 PM.

Comment

2.3" per Farm logs last night. Too little too late but we will take it.

Comment

1.7’” just east of Big Wells

Comment

Rained on us from Houston to Freer yesterday. Got to camp house and just dry as can be. Ranch is between Freer and Encinal

Comment

I was coming out of Fal Friday and the storms were building on 77. It was dumping water. I drove like 30 mpg from south of Kingsville to almost Sinton. There were several wrecks and lots of cars just pulled over waiting it out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by BRUTE 23; 07-16-2022, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                    Headed down to the lease to expand 3 feed pens, move a couple of setups now that I know the wind a little better, and to check on a few other things. It’s going to be a hot one

Edit that…. Looks like we are getting some rain

I’ll be heading down Wednesday to Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post
                      I was coming out of Fal Friday and the storms were building on 77. It was dumping water. I drove like 30 mpg from south of Kingsville to almost Sinton. There were several wrecks and lots of cars just pulled over waiting it out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Not a drop at our place in Fal since the last pic I posted.

Comment

Got a nice shower in Christine Thursday evening.
                        Radar didn't show much at the ranch, north of Pleasanton, though.

Comment

Went down two weekends ago and got the place cut and sprayed with Sendero.

Should make for hardly no work come dove season and my last trip before deer season.

Comment

I’ve got big plans for the weekend. I need to move 2 ladder stands, 2 tripods, expand 3 feed pens and move one feeder. Looks like it may rain Saturday and Sunday in my neck of the woods. Never fails but I’ll be there hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              The 1.5" we got about a month ago that started a nice green up is long gone... The green up has now turned brown... Just a good crop of mesquite and guajillo beans, but not much else... pears are decent, but nobody in the area to burn 'em... Even if so, it'd be too much of a fire hazard...

Our landowner is burning pear right now and I asked him if he was worried about a fire. He said “what the hell is left to catch on fire!” LOL

I’m hoping we’ll have a good deer or two but right now the average buck is definitely down. All the feed in the world just can’t replace Mother Nature.

Some bucks that are 7-8 this year I was looking forward to look like their going to end up 10-15” smaller than they were last year. I was hoping for a good bump, but lithely bumped the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                Our landowner is burning pear right now and I asked him if he was worried about a fire. He said “what the hell is left to catch on fire!” LOL

I’m hoping we’ll have a good deer or two but right now the average buck is definitely down. All the feed in the world just can’t replace Mother Nature.

Some bucks that are 7-8 this year I was looking forward to look like their going to end up 10-15” smaller than they were last year. I was hoping for a good bump, but lithely bumped the wrong way.

I’m not seeing anything that gets me excited this year.

I should probably go to Africa for two weeks or Alaska but I’ll probably head to Texas for the 12th year in a row for 5 to 6 trips.

Comment

Working...
                                X