X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Hunter’s Thread 2022

40 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Black Ice; 12-27-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2305.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	383.0 KB
ID:	24701481

A little late posting , killed 12-11 in maverick county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

40 yards away.

Shoot before it jacks up your fence.

Comment

My compadre was able to put an arrow through “Sebastian” last Tuesday, 12/20 in Webb county. His left beam, G3 and G4 were busted up, but he still went 160 1/8 @ 7.5 years old. He was all over 170 last year. 5 years of history with this ol brute. 13” right G3 and 7”+ brows.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
            Shoot before it jacks up your fence.

****it! At first I thought you posted that pic! I was on the way to get alfalfa and anything else I can think of a nilgai would eat. [emoji23]

Comment

Awesome bow bucks! Congrats

Comment

They were chasing like crazy this morning north of Freer in Duval Co.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                  ****it! At first I thought you posted that pic! I was on the way to get alfalfa and anything else I can think of a nilgai would eat. [emoji23]
                  They’re not to far. This from a few miles up the road on 3073.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A bail out through a gate a month ago and some "hikers" today. Where we're at it we shouldn't have any of that nonsense. Hot temps and obligations I guess my season is done until doe and spike. I'll try to get a doe in the freezer.

Comment

Be nice - I've always heard south texas deer taste better than hill country. Hasn't been my experience so far buck or doe. Mainly the hamburger I'm talking about, have tried 50/50 with beef and 50/50 with pork, both have a not-so-great same taste. Thoughts? Wouldn't dare ask this on Puro Pinche

Comment

South Texas Hunter’s Thread 2022

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

They like water.

I’ve put out alfalfa and I think the deer ate more than the Nilgai. We filled a dry pond with several thousand gallons of water and the Nilgai showed up the next day.

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-26-2023, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                          My compadre was able to put an arrow through “Sebastian” last Tuesday, 12/20 in Webb county. His left beam, G3 and G4 were busted up, but he still went 160 1/8 @ 7.5 years old. He was all over 170 last year. 5 years of history with this ol brute. 13” right G3 and 7”+ brows.

Nice one!

Comment

Very cool deer

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                              Be nice - I've always heard south texas deer taste better than hill country. Hasn't been my experience so far buck or doe. Mainly the hamburger I'm talking about, have tried 50/50 with beef and 50/50 with pork, both have a not-so-great same taste. Thoughts? Wouldn't dare ask this on Puro Pinche

No. Please ask on PP. then tag me because I want to read all the helpful comments. [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X