Wow ,hope I am wrong,48 hours tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
    I understand your point and as a Christian I struggle with the concept of degrees of sin vs all sins being equal. Forgiveness is hard. Proof once again that Jesus was a better man than Me.

My thought, There are evil people in this world who deserve a date with an executioner. The way our system works they will have ample time to find forgiveness. But should not be allowed to escape the consequences of they actions.
    For the wages of sin is death. There are consequences. Forgiveness is not so the person can live out their days guilt and consequence free. Forgiveness is for your heart and soul, not theirs.

Comment

Well I don't know what the Bible says about this but I believe God gave us instincts that tell us not to live amongst or associate with certain people. Especially those that may as well wear a t-shirt that says "I'm a murderer." on it. If he didn't we wouldn't exist as a species.

You don't reckon their were crazies back in Jesus's day? I bet there were. Jesus healed the crippled and the blind. But even he left the crazies alone.

Comment

What in the hell does jesus have to do with any of this, some of yall meed to go to church and stay there. If anyone ever did anything to my kids, i would take care of business are die trying. I dont forgive and dam sure dont forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
          What in the hell does jesus have to do with any of this, some of yall meed to go to church and stay there. If anyone ever did anything to my kids, i would take care of business are die trying. I dont forgive and dam sure dont forget.
          Prayers you never have to find out what you'd really do. I did, and it changed my life.

Comment

I can't think of anything that He doesn't have everything to do with, well, everything.
            I understand your position though. It would take everything I could do to keep from seeking out my own justice on them. And that brings me back to what Jesus has to do with it. I would definitely need to lean on Him in that moment...or year...or years, to find forgiveness and peace.
            Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            Prayers you never have to find out what you'd really do. I did, and it changed my life.
            God bless you sir. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be. But I do know you are blessed for it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              You don't reckon their were crazies back in Jesus's day? I bet there were. Jesus healed the crippled and the blind. But even he left the crazies alone.
              You don’t think he healed crazies? Most people who are possessed today are misdiagnosed as crazy. Maybe some of the people he exorcized were actually crazies. And remember the apostles went out and healed great numbers of people (too many to be listed in the Bible) I’m sure they healed some crazies too. And you’re right, forgiveness doesn’t mean you should act like nothing happened. In some cases, I think you’re right and these people should serve life sentences and never be paroled. And in some instances the state needs capital punishment. I’m just glad I don’t have to be the one splitting hairs to figure out who’s who. Laws are black and white but reality is shades of gray. There are even people on here who feel like female pedophiles (who only prey on boys) are completely acceptable. Rattler, there are people who have turned to chemical castration to eliminate their urges so they can live a normal life. And believe it or not there are those who have, through their faith, eliminated homosexual urges or pedophilic urges or homicidal urges, etc.

Tyrex, I’m sorry if it bugged you and I’d honestly rather not bug you with my Christianity but He commands that l speak up. I did that so I’ll quit now.

Comment

To watch his interviews he still shows no remorse. At least I couldn't see any.

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                I remember seeing this story years ago and it never left my mind. He did evil things to that little boy after he’d killed him and spoke of it without a hint of remorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe God is commanding some one kill this evil. Like Moses killing every man woman and child and their livestock and pets for 40 years while wandering in the desert.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    You don’t think he healed crazies? Most people who are possessed today are misdiagnosed as crazy. Maybe some of the people he exorcized were actually crazies. And remember the apostles went out and healed great numbers of people (too many to be listed in the Bible) I’m sure they healed some crazies too. And you’re right, forgiveness doesn’t mean you should act like nothing happened. In some cases, I think you’re right and these people should serve life sentences and never be paroled. And in some instances the state needs capital punishment. I’m just glad I don’t have to be the one splitting hairs to figure out who’s who. Laws are black and white but reality is shades of gray. There are even people on here who feel like female pedophiles (who only prey on boys) are completely acceptable. Rattler, there are people who have turned to chemical castration to eliminate their urges so they can live a normal life. And believe it or not there are those who have, through their faith, eliminated homosexual urges or pedophilic urges or homicidal urges, etc.
                    At the very least that's what should be mandatory for anyone convicted of many crimes. Chemical castration or just full blown castration.

As for pedophilia, it doesn't matter boy or girl. Wrong is wrong and it's wrong no matter what.

As for faith eliminating urges, that's debatable. They're still there,they're just not acting upon them. Is a person that has homosexual fantasies any less gay because they go to church? Is a person having thoughts of being a pedophile any less of one because they didn't act on it? A person that's having thoughts of killing others or harming their self any less of a threat? If their faith is keeping them from it that's great. But I'd still be leary or at the very least questionable of that persons intentions. They may go their whole life without acting upon their urges. But nonetheless they're still there somewhere.

Kind of like a person that's a recovering alcoholic can't even have a glass of wine with their dinner. If the temptation is there they may act upon it. I'm a pretty cut and dry person. I call things the way I see it
                    . There's no smoke and mirrors with me. If you think about people of the same sex in a sexual way, you're gay. If you think about children in a sexual way, you're a pedophile. If you think about murdering folks and I know about it I'll treat you as if you're a murderer. Homie don't play that. Not in the least. Whether they go to church,whether they're Atheist or whatever the case may be. Anyone having those thoughts is out there and I ain't on board with what they got going. If God is keeping them on the right path then good. I'll just steer clear of them.

I understand where you're coming from. Maybe people that do such things are possessed by demons. I think psychological trauma at a young age,abuse,drugs,alcohol and the list goes on and on are a big part of it myself. I'm not saying demons or Satan isn't real and is making people do these things. But that's not something that you can claim in court so in a psychological sense there's got to be something else there to trigger it. Take suicide for example. In many cases people are under the influence of drugs or alcohol when they do it. I'm sure many people who commit murders are too. Being weak emotionally and mentally due to these substances may be all it takes for Satan to take control and make a person do things they normally wouldn't. I'm not an expert on these things but I do believe that's the case in a lot of instances.

I also believe some folks are made that way. Not necessarily through the devil himself but through the devils work. Take a dog that's been mistreated for example. That dogs going to be mean as hell when it grows up. People and animals aren't all that different in many ways. And that's one of those ways. Look at the past of a lot of notorious serial killers throughout history. Many of them weren't treated very good as children.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 03-20-2022, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X