Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permanent Daylight Saving Time? Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
    indeed. i honestly don't understand how people struggle with time changes.
    I don’t struggle with it, I just think it’s a stoopid concept. Just the very name, daylight savings… you can’t save daylight, sun gon do what sun gon’ do

Click image for larger version

Name:	682F2CE5-BCEC-4E59-9282-7AA71F0F6280.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	24695848
    Last edited by Playa; 10-12-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Get daylight at 5:00 am
      Get dark at 5:00 pm
      Would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        I don’t struggle with it, I just think it’s a stoopid concept. Just the very name, daylight savings… you can’t save daylight, sun gon do what sun gon’ do

[ATTACH]1105607[/ATTACH]
        exactly

Comment

quick reminder that noon is supposed to be when the sun is 50% of the way across the sky in its daily travel. and attempts to set the time based on sunrise and sunset will have to account for the changing amount of time we actually have sunlight in any given day.

Comment

Originally posted by tmag View Post
            wonder how much pork they will pile on this one?
            ��

Comment

We just got back from a week in Costa Rica and it being daylight at 5:00am and pitch black at 6:00pm was a big adjustment. Couldn’t keep my eyes open much past 8:30pm and I’m usually a night owl. Strange feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Did anything ever happen with this?

No. Your girl Pelosi tabled it as soon as it arrived from the Senate. The old hag couldn’t even do one small thing to make the average person happy. Nothing in it for her.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  Give me a good argument for time changes.

Slow down…. He wasn’t making the argument to or for. He was just asking why people struggle changing time.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    No. Your girl Pelosi tabled it as soon as it arrived from the Senate. The old hag couldn’t even do one small thing to make the average person happy. Nothing in it for her.

Someone needs to start a petition!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

Except... from the studies and polls the average person was not happy with this. Most people want to stick to standard time and not change the clocks at all.

Besides which, when the senate passed this bill it was right after them passing a largely unpopular spending bill and most of us felt like they were tossing a consolation prize at the peasants.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        Except... from the studies and polls the average person was not happy with this. Most people want to stick to standard time and not change the clocks at all.

Besides which, when the senate passed this bill it was right after them passing a largely unpopular spending bill and most of us felt like they were tossing a consolation prize at the peasants.

Consolation prize was better than nothing.

The point being Nancy could have done something with this by amending and then negotiating with the Senate to give the people what they wanted…..she chose chose otherwise by doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

[ATTACH]1105607[/ATTACH]
                          This right here!

Comment

[ATTACH]1105607[/ATTACH]
                            Indian didn't have 8-5 job Once I retire I won't care, but till then I much prefer DST.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              Indian didn't have 8-5 job Once I retire I won't care, but till then I much prefer DST.
                              Agree. I get home and work another 3-5 hrs a night on ranch stuff. I hat it getting dark early in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                                $2.2 Trillion Sunshine Protection Act
                                Yeah, I wonder what other nonsense is tucked in the folds of that bill?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X