Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permanent Daylight Saving Time? Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please please please House if the Left and Right could ever come together on ANYTHING make it this!

Comment

I'm against it.
      That extra hour of sunlight is going to increase climate change. #GlobalWarming

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
        I'm against it.
        That extra hour of sunlight is going to increase climate change. #GlobalWarming
        Not to mention the added cost of cooling our homes.

Comment

Please keep it at this time now.

Comment

Time

I am good either way.... each has its pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
              I am good either way.... each has its pros and cons.

I’d rather sleep in an extra hour for turkey and firearm deer seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Today the Senate passed the "Sunshine Protection Act" to make DST permanent starting in November of 2023. The bill was sponsored by Senator Rubio and Senator Whitehouse (D Rhode Island) It goes to the House now but can you think of an argument for keeping the twice yearly change? I would be fine with permanent Standard Time as well.
                The only argument that I have against this is that there will be hundreds or even thousands of things attached to the bill that I won't like.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                  Im all or Daylight savings time and i hope it passes!! i hate having to get home in the dark and feed cows. Now atleast i would have a little time to do it before dark. I hate standard time.
                  Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    I’m for the sun rising at 6:00 am and setting at 5:00 pm
                    Year round
                    yep

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
                    I’d rather sleep in an extra hour for turkey and firearm deer seasons.
                    except eating dinner at 9pm after you hunt.

Comment

I feel like I'm gonna lose something or gonna gain something. But not sure what.

I do got to admit, I don't like losing an hour off my life in the spring. And I can't ever remember what I did with it. It also means I lose an hour of sleep too. Got to get up earlier. Then in the fall, I lose an hour of daylight. What's the deal with that? This just seems like a losing deal no matter which way we go.

And I'm with the feeder time bunch. What time we gonna set our feeders? I guess "it's gonna take an act of congress" to know what time to set our feeders, literally.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Today the Senate passed the "Sunshine Protection Act" to make DST permanent starting in November of 2023. The bill was sponsored by Senator Rubio and Senator Whitehouse (D Rhode Island) It goes to the House now but can you think of an argument for keeping the twice yearly change? I would be fine with permanent Standard Time as well.
                        Yeah, either one, just leave it !

Comment

I much prefer the DST, really hope the house passes it.

Comment

My sleep goes to hell when the time changes and it doesn't get dark till 8:30pm. Then i'm either fishing or out in the garden after work each day and don't actually get to bed till 11 or midnight.

Comment

This should solve those feeder times for some people

God Bless
                              Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                I'd rather see them split the difference and go 30 minute change permament.
                                Same here, seems like a simple solution.

Why does it have to be just one or the other?

Comment

Working...
                                X