No announcement yet.

Anyone ever sue a new car dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Harley when I was in my 20’s. Got talked into the all inclusive warranty/maintenance 3 year unlimited miles contract. I’m still walking funny after that boning.

Don’t ever buy add on’s from the finance guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
      I’m confused by the statement that it is taking time to find the emailed documents because your wife is busy with work. This seems like a significant issue if you are wanting to sue the dealer but your wife is too busy to find an email from the date of purchase?
      ^^^ this X 100.
      If your wife is too busy to take 5 minutes and check her e-mails, to locate the pertinent documents, it sounds like you've got more problems on your hands, than dealing with the car dealership.

Comment

Does she know there’s a search feature to find said email?

Comment

Wow, I see the ‘tools’ of TBH are out in force……..
          Last edited by Greenheadless; 03-05-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

At least they didn't steal it back..

Lawyer will be costly, sit down with a manager and settle your issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Wow, I see the ‘tools’ of TBH are out in force……..
              And I see that the OP's wife found this thread

Comment

My wife tried searching her email on her phone but had no luck. So she wanted to use her lap top to search. However, being a school teacher the week before spring break with 2 major tests, a field trip, and a couple of ARD meetings makes it difficult to search. Finally, yesterday she got a chance to search her email and found nothing. So, as already pointed out, unless we can find the original yellow sheet that we signed, it is our word against theirs. Despite showing a tendency to do this to other people, in a court of law, hard evidence is needed. This is extremely frustrating.

Comment

Check deleted file?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamvo View Post
                    Don’t ever buy add on’s from the finance guy.
                    This

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                      Many dealerships now will not allow financing outside of the dealership. With the shortage of vehicles they will be more than happy to lose the deal if financing is not with them. They get paid a little quicker if they finance the vehicle. This is not the case everywhere but I am seeing it more and more.

You can always do a refi with you local credit union.
                      Did this several times. Used the dealer (Ford) financing to get a 1000.00 rebate. Had already had our credit union financing ready. Bought the truck and redid the financing before the first payment was due. Finance guy wanted me to wait until the first payment, I guess he got his commission then. I think car buying is one of the worst things to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        My wife tried searching her email on her phone but had no luck. So she wanted to use her lap top to search. However, being a school teacher the week before spring break with 2 major tests, a field trip, and a couple of ARD meetings makes it difficult to search. Finally, yesterday she got a chance to search her email and found nothing. So, as already pointed out, unless we can find the original yellow sheet that we signed, it is our word against theirs. Despite showing a tendency to do this to other people, in a court of law, hard evidence is needed. This is extremely frustrating.
                        This is why I had to start putting emails that I wanted to save in their own folder. It helps but now I have too many folders. Good luck with your situation.

Comment

I’ve purchased MANY new vehicles and have never experienced this. The only thing I agreed to purchase was GAP and the $800 prepaid service. The big problem is they changed the contract. So it didn’t matter how much of a “boss” I was.
                          As I stated, I posted this to help others. You bought GAP insurance, another bad move. The first time I had a F&I guy tell me about gap insurance and what a great thing it was, I stared at him like he had one big eye ball right in the middle of his forehead. Makes zero sense, and if you HAVE to have it, you're upside down on the deal and shouldn't be buying.

Comment

My wife and I bought a new car and it has been the most horrible experience I have ever known when buying a new car. The dealership sold our trade in 2 weeks before they paid the loan off, they paid for a 1 year registration sticker instead of a 2 year, my wife had to go to the dealership a total of 3 times because they supposedly kept getting paperwork wrong or forgot something, charged us $2k for 70k mile service coverage instead of the agreed upon price of $800 and then only submitted paperwork to the service coverage company for 20k mile coverage, and then charged us an additional $2k for other coverage that we did not ask for. Then they emailed us the paperwork instead of giving us a paper copy(I know, that should not have happened).

I have already contacted a law firm who has already represented clients who got scammed by this dealership, but I would like to hear from those who have sued a new car dealership. How did it go? Were you successful or not? How long did it take to get to an outcome?

Sounds like you are dealing with Red McCombs. I had some very bad dealings with them many years ago. Nothing new for them. You signed the contracts without reading them, so you got whatever they signed you up for, like it or not. Lawyer probably can't do anything for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
                              As I stated, I posted this to help others. You bought GAP insurance, another bad move. The first time I had a F&I guy tell me about gap insurance and what a great thing it was, I stared at him like he had one big eye ball right in the middle of his forehead. Makes zero sense, and if you HAVE to have it, you're upside down on the deal and shouldn't be buying.
                              You are spreading bad info now, if you don't want or need gap don't get it. Most do need it, and the fact that your are telling people otherwise only means you do not understand it. Not every situation might be like yours, and the majority of car buyers live pay check to pay check. They can barley afford the payment on the car, and if it is declared a total loss without gap insurance then they will have a repo on their credit. Gap was invented to protect you from the insurance companies who will do their best to give you as little as possible. If you put 0 cash down (roll your tt&l into your car loan) you will be over 100% loan to value even if you get a great deal. Some people have 5-10k sitting around to pay a loan off after the insurance pays all it will. Most are better off paying $12 more per month just incase. Both Gap, and Warranty are cancelable, and neither should ever be added with out the knowledge, and consent of the buyer. That is a slimy move that is very frowned upon. The OP should simply cancel the products, the refund will post to the balance of the loan, then never return to that dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Exit110 View Post
                                You are spreading bad info now, if you don't want or need gap don't get it. Most do need it, and the fact that your are telling people otherwise only means you do not understand it. Not every situation might be like yours, and the majority of car buyers live pay check to pay check. They can barley afford the payment on the car, and if it is declared a total loss without gap insurance then they will have a repo on their credit. Gap was invented to protect you from the insurance companies who will do their best to give you as little as possible. If you put 0 cash down (roll your tt&l into your car loan) you will be over 100% loan to value even if you get a great deal. Some people have 5-10k sitting around to pay a loan off after the insurance pays all it will. Most are better off paying $12 more per month just incase. Both Gap, and Warranty are cancelable, and neither should ever be added with out the knowledge, and consent of the buyer. That is a slimy move that is very frowned upon. The OP should simply cancel the products, the refund will post to the balance of the loan, then never return to that dealer.
                                Sounds like you've sold a lot of Gap insurance by the old, "per month" line. Zero down, rolling TT&L into the loan, all bad for the buyer, good for the person selling to someone that should wait, save some $ and buy what they can afford, when they're financially able. No smart, financially savvy person would say I'm spreading bad info. People that sell this stuff to people that don't know any better will call it bad info all day long. Sure, people that need Gap need it because they've made prior bad decisions, or have had an unfortunate circumstance beyond their control, such as going cheap on car insurance from a irreputable company.

Comment

Working...
                                X