Anyone ever sue a new car dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
    I have given them an opportunity to remedy this and, like most dealerships, the customer was ignored. From what I was told by the current sales manager(which is different than at the time when we purchased the vehicle), new management is in charge now and they have gotten a LOT of calls just like mine.
    Previous management wasn't Huffines was it?

Comment

We did not get handed receipts after we signed. My mother-in-law bought a car from the same dealership a couple of months before and they did the same with her, but they didn’t scam her. They told us it was paperless signing. When my wife and I electronically signed, the amounts were correct. So somewhere between signing and when the finance company got the paperwork, the numbers were changed.

The other lawsuit that the law firm has handled against this dealership, they did the same thing. The person had to come back to resign and numbers were changed.
      The question is, other than testimony, what evidence do you have that numbers were changed? Is there not a copy of the K you and your wife electronically signed? Sounds like both of you signed the original sales K and then only she executed the subsequent K? What in the cornbread hell?

Comment

i hate buying a vehicle at a dealership. hate.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Previous management wasn't Huffines was it?
          No it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            The question is, other than testimony, what evidence do you have that numbers were changed? Is there not a copy of the K you and your wife electronically signed? Sounds like both of you signed the original sales K and then only she executed the subsequent K? What in the cornbread hell?

We are working on digging through my wife’s email to see if we can find any documents. No one in their right mind would pay $2k for a service contract that only covers 2 oil changes. Beyond that, I do have evidence they registered the vehicle for 1 year instead of 2, which they probably did to avoid paying as much in taxes. This dealership also has a documented history of doing this to other people as well.

Comment

You can sue and be successful. You’re going to have to have proof of the deception. So going through the emails and finding the original contract with the agreed upon bottom line and your signature will be your key evidence. A lawyer will take your case and money with no evidence. Your word against theirs isn’t going to win and will just cost you more money.

Comment

Why didn't you walk when you saw the changes?

Comment

So I guess the lesson to be learned here is to leave as soon as they say anything about paperless contracts.

Comment

My wife and I bought a new car and it has been the most horrible experience I have ever known when buying a new car. The dealership sold our trade in 2 weeks before they paid the loan off, they paid for a 1 year registration sticker instead of a 2 year, my wife had to go to the dealership a total of 3 times because they supposedly kept getting paperwork wrong or forgot something, charged us $2k for 70k mile service coverage instead of the agreed upon price of $800 and then only submitted paperwork to the service coverage company for 20k mile coverage, and then charged us an additional $2k for other coverage that we did not ask for. Then they emailed us the paperwork instead of giving us a paper copy(I know, that should not have happened).

I have already contacted a law firm who has already represented clients who got scammed by this dealership, but I would like to hear from those who have sued a new car dealership. How did it go? Were you successful or not? How long did it take to get to an outcome?

We sued a dealership and won. PM sent..

Comment

Never finance at a dealership............

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Why didn't you walk when you saw the changes?
                        Because they changed the numbers AFTER we signed.

Comment

Because they changed the numbers AFTER we signed.
                          Did you get a electronic copy of the documents you signed sent to your email?

Sorry for your troubles and hope this doesn’t end up being an expensive lesson, although those are the most remembered.

Comment

Many dealerships now will not allow financing outside of the dealership. With the shortage of vehicles they will be more than happy to lose the deal if financing is not with them. They get paid a little quicker if they finance the vehicle. This is not the case everywhere but I am seeing it more and more.

You can always do a refi with you local credit union.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              Did you get a electronic copy of the documents you signed sent to your email?

Sorry for your troubles and hope this doesn’t end up being an expensive lesson, although those are the most remembered.
                              We gave them my wife’s email address. It is taking my wife some time to try to look for the email due to how busy she is at work right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                                Never finance at a dealership............
                                Some dealers offer rebates for financing with them.
                                I saved $1000.00 on my last truck. Then refinanced with my bank the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X