Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and I are spending the weekend at Big Chief RV Resort on Lake Buchanan.

A few pics from today.

Cleaning the camper together…

A shot from our site.

Dinner…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A year of serious upgrades for us. Neither Brand new but sure close enough for us and look great together.

Had the camper roof redone with a reflective coating. Lifetime warranty. No more rubber membrane garbage. Splurged and had the slides done too, we have no plans to get rid of this camper anytime soon. $6700 all in for those wondering, slides were $350 each.

Comment

Syl and I are on the road to Idaho again for 50-60 days. This is our 5th year with this setup covering 5-6k miles up and back. 2014 Tundra 5.7L and the Jayco is a 212qbw. No slides, our 168 sq ft rolling doghouse weighs 4200 lbs dry, so it pulls pretty well out west. The itinerary includes my 50 year class reunion, Braun Brothers Reunion musicfest, and a backcountry elk hunt. I will update our journey on this thread.

Hogboy

[ATTACH]1097159[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
          Syl and I are on the road to Idaho again for 50-60 days. This is our 5th year with this setup covering 5-6k miles up and back. 2014 Tundra 5.7L and the Jayco is a 212qbw. No slides, our 168 sq ft rolling doghouse weighs 4200 lbs dry, so it pulls pretty well out west. The itinerary includes my 50 year class reunion, Braun Brothers Reunion musicfest, and a backcountry elk hunt. I will update our journey on this thread.

Hogboy

[ATTACH]1097159[/ATTACH]
          Heck of an adventure. Have fun and good luck with the elk!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post

Hogboy

[ATTACH]1097159[/ATTACH]
            Very Nice!!! And I am Jealous!!! Can't wait to retire and just hit the road!!!!
            Hope you have safe travels.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              A year of serious upgrades for us. Neither Brand new but sure close enough for us and look great together.

Had the camper roof redone with a reflective coating. Lifetime warranty. No more rubber membrane garbage. Splurged and had the slides done too, we have no plans to get rid of this camper anytime soon. $6700 all in for those wondering, slides were $350 each.

Very nice! Where did you have this done? What is the manufacturer's name? Is it a hard surface?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                Very nice! Where did you have this done? What is the manufacturer's name? Is it a hard surface?

Lifetime RV roof coating and RV Roof repair services that will let you relax and never have to worry about it again. Stafford, TX

It’s essentially truck bedliner. Their latest product that we chose claims to reflect 80% of the suns heat back. It is kind of a shiny silver. Feels like thick bedliner, not really a hard surface.

Comment

https://sprayamericacoatings.com/ser...oating-repair/

It’s essentially truck bedliner. Their latest product that we chose claims to reflect 80% of the suns heat back. It is kind of a shiny silver. Feels like thick bedliner, not really a hard surface.

Thank you!

Comment

My trailer will be headed there very very soon. Snagged a **** tree branch apparently and tore my roof up. Wont have the problem again

Comment

Please let me know if you see a difference on the inside temp with this

Comment

Originally posted by TX Fireman 911 View Post
                        My trailer will be headed there very very soon. Snagged a **** tree branch apparently and tore my roof up. Wont have the problem again

That’s exactly why mine went there. FWIW progressive paid me $5500 for the roof and awning canvas. Appraised at $6500 but I have a $1k deductible.

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        Please let me know if you see a difference on the inside temp with this

Will do. I’m interested to see.

Comment

We made it to Douglas Wyoming in 2 long days, then stayed 2 nights at the KOA to let the mature bodies recover. We visited Fort Fetterman, the railroad car museum, and a few local sites.

Hogboy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Douglas KOA sunset tbh.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	24688480

Name:	Douglas KOA Dave George jam tbh.JPG
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	24688481

Name:	Muzzy wants you jackalope tbh.JPG
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24688482

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                            You will like the coe parks. Most of their pads are pretty level. State park pads can be way off, so I carry a lot of 4x4 blocks. At least a milk crate full. Also carry some 2x8s for putting under the tires, for leveling side to side.

Yup, I stayed at DeGray lake outside Arkadelphia. Nice lake and campground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One of the best and worst threads. Best as In I love seeing your setups. Worst as in I spend money everytime I see something I am missing!!

Comment

That’s exactly why mine went there. FWIW progressive paid me $5500 for the roof and awning canvas. Appraised at $6500 but I have a $1k deductible.

Will do. I’m interested to see.

I've got their FB page saved as I would love to do this with my camper. I'll be curious to see how it does, and how it holds up over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X