No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related to my previous question about pulling a camper with tow/haul engaged, I wanted to ask what speed y'all are typically doing pulling camper?

It almost seems like going too slow works the engine harder, but going to fast may do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Related to my previous question about pulling a camper with tow/haul engaged, I wanted to ask what speed y'all are typically doing pulling camper?

It almost seems like going too slow works the engine harder, but going to fast may do the same thing.
      My RV tires are rated at 75 mph but I drive between 60-65 with best tow vehicle performance close to 65. I'm pulling with a 1/2 ton. You learn to manage the speed and it's affect on you tow vehicle. I also drive to be able to stop my vehicle and the electric trailer brakes do most of the work.

On another note, we are temporarily full time camping. We have trips booked for September through January so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        I've got their FB page saved as I would love to do this with my camper. I'll be curious to see how it does, and how it holds up over time.
        My brother in law used them about a year and a half ago, but not the reflective version. His as been solid. He hit a limb at the same park- I got a new roof, he got a green mark to wash off his camper.

Comment

Thanks to ideas in the thread above, I just booked Roadrunner in NM for next May and I'll be booking Williams creek when it opens for reservations for that period.

Think I'll probably shoot for the Amarillo area on day 1, leaving a shorter drive on day 2.

Comment

We made it 2000 miles in time for my 50 year class reunion in Orofino Idaho. We hit it hard with some 500 mile days to get up here but now get to settle in for a week before heading south to Challis and Braun Brothers Reunion. This is the 5th year in a row we have stayed in this park, Clearwater Crossing, and just love being by the river.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clearwater Crossing tbh.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	24688582

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
              We made it 2000 miles in time for my 50 year class reunion in Orofino Idaho. We hit it hard with some 500 mile days to get up here but now get to settle in for a week before heading south to Challis and Braun Brothers Reunion. This is the 5th year in a row we have stayed in this park, Clearwater Crossing, and just love being by the river.

[ATTACH]1097894[/ATTACH]
              Very nice

Comment

Quite the trip with the Jayco from Orofino Idaho to Challis via the Sawtooth mountains. We set up in a little RV park where a shuttle bus took us right to the gate of Braun Brothers Reunion. The music and exploring the local area was fantastic. I even caught a couple of rainbow in Valley Creek.

Name:	BBR Thursday crowd tbh.JPG
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24688955

Name:	Muzzie and Hogboy tbh.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24688956

Name:	Syl in the Sawtooth tbh.JPG
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	24688957

Name:	Valley Creek rainbow tbh.JPG
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	24688958

Comment

I need fridge advice. Dometic electric and gas type in my class C. It had been working fine sitting at home in Corsicana for weeks. I am moving into it full time during the week. I drove it to Brenham on Thursday. I parked at the rv park, plugged it in and in the dark forgot to flip the breakers on. We drove back home that night to Corsicana. So it set Friday-Monday not plugged in.
                  I came back Monday for work and went to rv and realized I didn't flip it on. Turned it on and leveled it in the bubbles both ways. Tried the fridge to On and 1 minute later the check light came on. I tried it several more times and same results. I went to bed and the next day tried to level it again and nothing. Still getting On and a minute later the check light comes on.
                  Help me out please!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    I need fridge advice. Dometic electric and gas type in my class C. ...
                    Help me out please!
                    I'm not familiar with the Dometics nor do I know anything about them. Does it have an automatic setting for running on either propane or electricity? Maybe trying to run on propane and gas is off? I know it takes a while for the propane to fill the line if not used in a while. I know with our Norcold I have to start it numerous times if wanting to run on propane and it hasn't in a while.

Comment

If your sure it's getting power, you may have just hit the button to turn it to gas only. Make sure it's on Auto. Check light only comes on when there is a problem with the propane system. I'm pretty sure the check light won't come on with an electrical problem. Just guessing.

Comment

As said above, make sure gas is on if trying to run on propane. Burn your stove a while to purge some air, but my fridge still takes a couple tries.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                          Quite the trip with the Jayco from Orofino Idaho to Challis via the Sawtooth mountains. We set up in a little RV park where a shuttle bus took us right to the gate of Braun Brothers Reunion. The music and exploring the local area was fantastic. I even caught a couple of rainbow in Valley Creek.

[ATTACH]1098784[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1098785[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1098786[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1098787[/ATTACH]
                          Muzzy!

Comment

Originally posted by BushHawg View Post
                            If your sure it's getting power, you may have just hit the button to turn it to gas only. Make sure it's on Auto. Check light only comes on when there is a problem with the propane system. I'm pretty sure the check light won't come on with an electrical problem. Just guessing.
                            Thanks everyone. I am trying to run it off electric. The light is on inside the fridge so I am assuming it has power. When I turn it "OFF" and open the door the light is off. I put on "ON" then "AUTO" then about a minute later the "CHECK" light comes on every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              Thanks everyone. I am trying to run it off electric. The light is on inside the fridge so I am assuming it has power. When I turn it "OFF" and open the door the light is off. I put on "ON" then "AUTO" then about a minute later the "CHECK" light comes on every time.
                              Auto is gas or electric. Light is 12v so it will be on. I think something is up with the 120v and there's no gas. Check breakers and plugs, then turn it to electric only not auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Muzzy!
                                It was a pleasure to visit with Muzzie for a bit. Good timing before things got started on Thursday and my friend Robert Millage was there to capture one of his 10,000 images that weekend. Another great BBR.

Hogboy

Name:	Muzzie and Hogboy tbh.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24689024

Comment

Working...
                                X