Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best childrens hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Childrens.

Comment

Prayers for you and your son!

Comment

It was a long time ago, but my son had to go to cooks and they were great. Good luck and sorry for your son's troubles

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
          Texas Children's medical Center!!!

I believe any long term stay parents can stay for free at the Ronald McDonald house Not 100% certain.
          We were just there a month ago and they had a case worker come in and ask if we needed any assistance with hotels or food. We declined but I thought it was a good thing for folks who might and give them one less worry.

Comment

Sounds like Texas Childrens is a Houston’s version of (ft. Worth) Cooks and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              Texas Children's Houston
              This. We use them and have since both our children were born.

Comment

I second Texas Children's in Houston. They are amazing. No experience with Cooks, but it sounds similar.

I'd take him to the one that can get him in the fastest.

Comment

Been following along and praying for your son on the other thread Pervis. As far as I am concerned, the best place on the planet to take a kid that is really sick, and especially one that the source is unidentified is Texas Children's Hospital in the Medical Center in Houston. I've done ministry work there and had family there, and the miracles they do day in and day out is beyond amazing! This is especially true of digestive tract issues... Know two different families who had kids (one little boy and one girl, both younger than your son) that had a twisted bowel and it had gone undiagnosed until they were in organ failure when they got to Texas Children's... Both recovered and are normal kids today. Their symptoms were very much like your son's. I'm not suggesting that is his problem, but if it turns out to be, they sure know how to fix it!

I will continue to pray for him and for you for wisdom to make the right calls on what to do.

Comment

Praying for your son.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      Cooks Childrens in Ft. Worth
                      I agree 100%

Comment

Cooks Children's in Fort Worth

Comment

8 month old just had kidney surgery, Childress Medical City Dallas was excellent! Who is your pediatrician?

Comment

Prayers Sent for your Son and You. And Texas Childrens without a doubt

Comment

Texas Childrens would be my vote but that may be a proximity to Houston thing. It appears the DFW group feel the same way about Cooks.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                Texas Childrens would be my vote but that may be a proximity to Houston thing. It appears the DFW group feel the same way about Cooks.
                                Same here. If Cooks is as good as folks have said I'd go there considering the circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X