Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Heads up- winter weather and potential arctic air end of week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
    So called outdoorsman..I bet the GS bought 400 generators after last year

Ohhhh everybody look!....let's welcome Rambo to the green screen.

Comment

Maybe 2 days of bad weather? I doubt this has much of an impact like last year.

Comment

any updates, Playa?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          I’m not fond of sleet & freezing rain, but frankly range conditions are poor and worsening and we need any moisture we can get
          This!!

Comment

We're supposed to head to KS Friday morning to chase pheasants! Ya'll can thank me for the freezing cold weather! Or cuss me, whatever!

Comment

Forecasted temps increased this morning from what they had been showing. At least on my weatherbug app. I know I know. I’m a pro

Comment

Winters Mix Weather Coming Soon Near You

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  What the **** does being an outdoorsman have to do with owning a generator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Sorry, my post wasn't clear. I was piggybacking on PLAYAS comment about outdoorsmen getting caught with their pants down, myself included lol. I have a gen ready too now. Just big enough to run the heater blower and a few lights and a fridge for my situation.
                  My post was more about defining the term....You would think that outdoorsmen oughta know to be (or how to be) prepared better than most, yet so many weren't, is what I was getting at. Most in this part of the world probably assumed that an extreme event like last year could not happen.
                  I guess the so called part is what threw it off, it wasnt meant to be a negative label.

Comment

This is totally unacceptable as I have plans to make 100 lbs deer sticks Friday - Sunday in Lavaca County. My help is cold sensitive, so this will definitely put a hamper on things!
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I'm supposed to fly out of DFW Thursday afternoon to see my son shoot in the Vegas Shoot.

For you frequesnt flyers out there - should I expect my flight to be delayed or cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                        any updates, Playa?
                        Sorry covered up with work today, I’ll try to post any updates this evening or tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                          I'm supposed to fly out of DFW Thursday afternoon to see my son shoot in the Vegas Shoot.

For you frequesnt flyers out there - should I expect my flight to be delayed or cancelled?

My son is a pilot who flies out of Addison. He was telling me yesterday that he has flights scheduled for Thur. and Fri. that may or may not happen, based on what they are seeing now. Said that could change hour by hour when the time gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            It has been an abnormal Jan. here. Over 5 inches earlier this month in 5 hours and 5/8" last week. Week could use some but we are not is the shape most of the state is in.
                            Same down here in the Orange area. I was out at the property with a MiniX cutting more drains trying to dry up the land so we can get something done....not wishing a drought on anyone but I could certainly use more dry weather....and sunshine.....and wind

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
                              So called outdoorsman..I bet the GS bought 400 generators after last year
                              didn't need to, put the 20,000 kw in when we built the house several years ago. sure was nice when the power went out last year, at least until the missus tried to run the dryer, microwave, and washing machine at the same time. not much fun going out in 14 degree temps to figure out how to reset the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                                This is totally unacceptable as I have plans to make 100 lbs deer sticks Friday - Sunday in Lavaca County. My help is cold sensitive, so this will definitely put a hamper on things!
                                I will be just to your east in Colorado County and I am not cold sensitive.......

Comment

Working...
                                X