Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Heads up- winter weather and potential arctic air end of week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m geared up, but I appreciate the knowledge anyway because I am an amateur weather dork as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
      Yep.. but I was being selfish. No measurable precipitation in over 3 months.
      If this dry spell extends into spring and summer, we'll see even higher food prices in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Not True! I'm in the Cleveland area, and we are not on the Texas grid. Our power comes out of Louisiana, and we never lost it last year, AND we didn't pay a penny more for it.

My power comes from Louisiana as well.

Comment

Thanks, it never hurts to give a heads up….

I don’t think this go around will be too bad. Having said that….I’m all geared up and ready for what ever or when it happens. My back up generators are ready as well as my new one I just got.

Got plenty of gas cans, just waiting for deployment.

We did good on that past February “snow-mageddon”. The one generator I had got us through it by running the electric blower fan for our gas furnace. I have since stocked up on a lot of “accessories”. I fill prepared as much as I can be.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
            Almost the entire state needs some.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Curre...onitor.aspx?TX
            It has been an abnormal Jan. here. Over 5 inches earlier this month in 5 hours and 5/8" last week. Week could use some but we are not is the shape most of the state is in.

Comment

Running the generator as I type. Figure it can’t hurt to be ready if it’s super cold for a few days. We were well prepared last year and will be again.

Comment

Folks were buying up propane in town earlier.

I’ve got everything I need but whiskey, and I’ll remedy that tomorrow!

Comment

North central Arkansas- looks like we're going down to 8 Friday morning.
                  Scotland Weather Forecasts. Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the Scotland area.

Comment

We needed this 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      And yet last year so many Texans, including so called outdoorsmen got caught with their pants down….
                      Just trying to give folks a heads up so they can make necessary precautions prior to the work week starting when they may not have time, and NWS and local news hadn’t really been talking about how cold it may be.

Feel free to move onto the next post if it isn’t relevant to you
                      So called outdoorsman..I bet the GS bought 400 generators after last year

Comment

looks like I will be getting some overtime this week

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
                          So called outdoorsman..I bet the GS bought 400 generators after last year

What the **** does being an outdoorsman have to do with owning a generator?

Comment

I got a generator because I have a newborn in the house. Not a fan of thinking my wife and kid may be stuck at home in the cold while I have to go to work.

Comment

Thanks for the post. We are even more prepared this year than last. Barring some lightning strike taking out all the electrics in our house, we should be good for about 5 days of no power.

Comment

Looks like DFW area is in for ice Wednesday night into Thursday. Any update on models?

Comment

Working...
                                X