Kinder Morgan vs Dow Chemical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    On average most employees get a 2-4% raise per year. Moving to a new job is averaging a 10-20% raise. While each case is unique, companies have to do a better job with employee retention in todays world or face their employees jumping ship.
    This is spot on......my wife just left a company after 10 yrs of service for a competitor that gave her a substantial raise and better benefits

Comment

Employer loyalty shines when times are tuff. Wait till the economy takes a dump, then you will see the difference between good and bad employers.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
        Employer loyalty shines when times are tuff. Wait till the economy takes a dump, then you will see the difference between good and bad employers.
        Uh……you mean the last 2 years?

Comment

Staying at a place 6 months then leaving ain’t gonna look good on a resume.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
            Well, got an interview for xom. We will see how that goes. [ATTACH]1095056[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
            Jaime,
            Exxon WAS one of the top companies for everything involved. A buddy of mine retired about 2 years ago after about 35 years. He is setup great. His son in law also worked at the same plant in Baytown. He has since quit and moved on. According to BOTH of them, XOM has gone way downhill. Good luck in your decision.
            Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I always field offers and look to move up. These companies nowadays show no loyalty to you, and you should show no loyalty to them, do what’s best for you and your family.
            Couldn’t have said it better myself. This is spot on

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I agree but looks like the poaching companies don't care right now. I've shown my loyalty to cvx for like 14 years and only had like 3 jobs in my life lol so not like I'm used to job jumping. I'm already at dow so I'm not losing out by keeping my ears open.

TPC also wants a 2nd interview but I declined. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220715-085803_Gmail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24687456

Comment

it might matter to some, but it's becoming less and less of an issue when workers are hard to find.

There's no loyalty from companies/corporations to to the employee, and at the end of the day, no one is heading to work for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  Uh……you mean the last 2 years?
                  I guess it depends on your sector, but the last two years for the construction industry hasn't missed a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                    it might matter to some, but it's becoming less and less of an issue when workers are hard to find.

There's no loyalty from companies/corporations to to the employee, and at the end of the day, no one is heading to work for fun.
                    Short term employment, gaps in years, job hoping, etc. are all going by the wayside. I understand why some people would question or look upon those as a negative, but in todays hiring world it is becoming less and less the norm for those situations to matter. There is a great resignation / reset going on right now. Employees are starting to take back some ownership in the careers and the work life balance so companies are having to adjust. I think this is a positive going forward.

In my mind, I am not concerned on how long I think an employee will be with my company. I am concerned with their attitude and ability to be successful while they are here. If they are an employee I don't want to leave then its the my job (ie the company) to retain them.

Comment

Short term employment, gaps in years, job hoping, etc. are all going by the wayside. I understand why some people would question or look upon those as a negative, but in todays hiring world it is becoming less and less the norm for those situations to matter. There is a great resignation / reset going on right now. Employees are starting to take back some ownership in the careers and the work life balance so companies are having to adjust. I think this is a positive going forward.

In my mind, I am not concerned on how long I think an employee will be with my company. I am concerned with their attitude and ability to be successful while they are here. If they are an employee I don't want to leave then its the my job (ie the company) to retain them.
                      Can agree with all this.

I do have an old school mentality. I’m extremely loyal. And don’t like hopping around. But I do see times changing. I went from one of the majors to small private equity companies. That was a really good decision.

Good luck OP!

Comment

Can agree with all this.

I do have an old school mentality. I’m extremely loyal. And don’t like hopping around. But I do see times changing. I went from one of the majors to small private equity companies. That was a really good decision.

Good luck OP!
                        I was very loyal when I was a Chevron and honestly never even looked for another job while I was there even though I was I approached twice during that time. I don't like hopping either but like I said. My ears are open.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          401k contribution went up 1000 this year. Nothing shows you how a company feels about it's employees like the day they hand our raises.
                          The economy sucks for us but these chemical companies are making record profits right now. I know the unit I'm associated with is making north of 2mil a day . They are quick to brag about it in the production meetings..

Comment

Curious what level position you are in? Title?

Comment

On average most employees get a 2-4% raise per year. Moving to a new job is averaging a 10-20% raise. While each case is unique, companies have to do a better job with employee retention in todays world or face their employees jumping ship.
                              This right here. If the company values you they will pay you what you are worth on the open market, if not the next company will.

Comment

I wish public sector employers felt this way. Kudos to you for this. Morale is much more important than most employers realize.

Comment

Working...
                                X