Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Kinder Morgan vs Dow Chemical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a pattern here, just saying….

Comment

Had my 15 year anniversary with the red diamond in September. If I could get out to a comparable pay/ benefits I would. More and more difficult to advance if you are a white, straight male if you get my drift. In my unit (spans across EVERY site in the Dow umbrella), out of the last dozen or so hires for anything above a technician grade, every single one has been from a diversity group, usually two or three. One example of a not-so-qualified hire- new "reliability engineer" comes to me recently asking for some dimensions off of a flange. It's a standard ANSI 900 pound, 1" flange I tell him. OK, but what are it's dimensions? Another one- same engineer. What material does this probe need to be made of? What about the seal material? My response- "I really think this is a question for a qualified engineer. I am simply a glorified wrench turner."

Comment

I'm with KM and believe its great company. Dow has been my customer for +25 years and they have been great, as well.

Ironically, Dow's President of Feedstocks and Energy, Jack Broodo, is a long time bow hunter and a solid dude.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm making a decision today.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Update

I ended up accepting the offer from Dow Chem. I think i made the better long term choice.

Comment

Following up. Not too bad so far.

For those that say Dow is woke yall have no idea what woke is. CVX was on another level compared to what Dow is.

Comment

Is CVX flying a rainbow flag outside their main building? Dow is.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                  Dow is.
                  Facepalm.......

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    Is CVX flying a rainbow flag outside their main building? Dow is.
                    YesClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220603-194723_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	24685915

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                      Following up. Not too bad so far.

For those that say Dow is woke yall have no idea what woke is. CVX was on another level compared to what Dow is.

DOW is very woke and has been for a very long time.. I gave them 14.5 years before I quit back in 2004 and they had already formed the support group "GLAD" Gays, Lesbians, Allies at Dow.... And it only went down hill from there.. They have added a bunch a letters to that now.
                      It was once a very good place to work.
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 06-05-2022, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                        Yes[ATTACH]1091430[/ATTACH]

What exactly is "straight allies"?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

99% of all major corporations are woke AF. Best thing I ever did was leave DCP Midstream for this reason amongst many. The smaller private equity companies are just so much better to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                            What exactly is "straight allies"?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                            Straight people that agree with the LGBTQXRYZT lifestyle.(friendly's)

Comment

I’m at Dow In Orange so we have just become acquainted with the culture over the last few years since we are a heritage DuPont site. There is good and bad just like every company out there but they moved up several notches for me recently when they approved us starting a network for Christians. 1st company I have ever worked for that lets us have meetings on site during business hours just to talk about Jesus.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X