Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Kinder Morgan vs Dow Chemical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you work at the Dow Laporte location? If so what do you do there for them? Just curious because my wife technically reports to the “Houston Hub” which I think is Laporte/deer park/Tx city.

Comment

Well, got an interview for xom. We will see how that goes. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220714-142927_Gmail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	24687436

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jumping ship again

Comment

Staying with one company all of your life is overrated. Good luck !

Comment

Not really jumping ship. More like my ears are open. After leaving CVX I'm more open to making changes. Both Dow and XOM are great for my long term plans and goals.

Comment

I always field offers and look to move up. These companies nowadays show no loyalty to you, and you should show no loyalty to them, do what’s best for you and your family.

Comment

Prepare to be immersed with GLAD.

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                  Prepare to be immersed with GLAD.
                  Wokeness and gayy stuff at Dow is only about 30% compared to Chevron. It's not even close.

It's woke-lite.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I always field offers and look to move up. These companies nowadays show no loyalty to you, and you should show no loyalty to them, do what’s best for you and your family.
                    ^^^^ This.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

No doubt Dow is very outspoken and supportive of LGBTQ through the GLAD employee resource network. I work for them and just over a month was able to start the LIGHT (living in Gods Holy truth) network at our site. This was approved and is supported by site leadership. We have meetings on site during business hours including prayer. Times are changing no doubt but we have the opportunity to bring God into the workplace so I can’t say that Dow is all bad.

Comment

Depending on your field, sticking with one company will put you way behind the pay scale.. Our engineers are under paid . The company uses the excuse they can't compete because we are chemical. So most of them get hired on out of school then leave for a 30 or 40% raise after 4 years.. Same thing happens in supervision. Our raises where so low this year it didn't cover the amount our insurance and 401k went up..

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                          No doubt Dow is very outspoken and supportive of LGBTQ through the GLAD employee resource network. I work for them and just over a month was able to start the LIGHT (living in Gods Holy truth) network at our site. This was approved and is supported by site leadership. We have meetings on site during business hours including prayer. Times are changing no doubt but we have the opportunity to bring God into the workplace so I can’t say that Dow is all bad.
                          Good for you on this opportunity. Hopefully your new group will not cross paths with that other one in a controversial situation. I think we know who will get favors. The company I retired from initiated this in 1990. Even back then for the first few years a religious support group wasn’t allowed. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247
                            Our raises where so low this year it didn't cover the amount our insurance and 401k went up..

Comment

i always field offers and look to move up. These companies nowadays show no loyalty to you, and you should show no loyalty to them, do what’s best for you and your family.
                              bingo!!!!!!!

Comment

On average most employees get a 2-4% raise per year. Moving to a new job is averaging a 10-20% raise. While each case is unique, companies have to do a better job with employee retention in todays world or face their employees jumping ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X