Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2022 Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
    I’m waiting and seeing how much one of the hybrid TRD Pro’s cost. But I think the TRD Pro version looks phenomenal. I had a 2018 TSS 4X4 and loved it except it’s gas mileage. I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire and got a 2021 Titan Pro 4X

Looked on Toyota website and it’s like $66k or something close, going off memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a 2022. SR5, TRD off road, 4x4.

I don’t like it much… at all. Interior is small. There is a hump in the rear floor. There is set storage under the rear seats so you don’t really have much room back there if you fold the seats up. The truck starts in 4th gear, it will start in 3rd if in sport mode. There is no 4 auto. Some of them come with a 23 gallon tank. Make sure you don’t get one of those. My range is only 280 miles and it sucks. The seats were too low. I had to raise them 1.5”. Everyone thought they were crazy low. I’m 5’9”. Not really that short. The Bluetooth took 5 days to get connected. The interface on the screen blows.

I get a check engine light when I run over 90 for more than a few miles.

I was a huge Toyota fan, but this truck is hard to love.

Comment

I have been a Toyota person since 2003 and still own two of them, my grandson has the other one. But I think I am going to have to make a change from reading some of these comments for my specific needs/wants. At least from 2022 to date. Thanks for the open honest comments.

Comment

I hope some more reviewers come along and have positive reviews because I love the look of the new and want it to be my next truck. But my 14 is still running like new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the look of the new truck. I really want to love it, but I just can’t. I’m coming from a 2019 Raptor. Wish I still had my raptor. Dumb move.

The stock running boards also suck.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post

I don’t like it much… at all. Interior is small. There is a hump in the rear floor. There is set storage under the rear seats so you don’t really have much room back there if you fold the seats up. The truck starts in 4th gear, it will start in 3rd if in sport mode. There is no 4 auto. Some of them come with a 23 gallon tank. Make sure you don’t get one of those. My range is only 280 miles and it sucks. The seats were too low. I had to raise them 1.5”. Everyone thought they were crazy low. I’m 5’9”. Not really that short. The Bluetooth took 5 days to get connected. The interface on the screen blows.

Scary stuff, thanks for the honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                thanks for the honesty.
                Agreed!
                I really appreciate the real world experience vs brand loyalty.

Comment

I was looking at a Tundra as a possible trade up until I read some stuff like this. Toyota has been making some decisions that are hard to justify the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

What do you mean "starts" in 3rd or 4th gear? Like from a stop?

If your truck starts from a stop in 3rd or 4th gear, and your getting a CEL going 90, I'd bet something is wrong with the truck. I don't think any of that is normal.

Comment

Hmmm.. Was considering moving from a RAM to the new Tundra...

Guess i'll stick with a RAM

Comment

It kind of looks like a puffer fish.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I’m going to run my 2014 until it stops. I really like that truck.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	019CA696-86DF-4338-ADB6-703E61299E59.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24681258I want this one!

Comment

You should sell truck as people are going nuts buying them.

I love the look of the new truck. I really want to love it, but I just can’t. I’m coming from a 2019 Raptor. Wish I still had my raptor. Dumb move.

The stock running boards also suck.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                What do you mean "starts" in 3rd or 4th gear? Like from a stop?

If your truck starts from a stop in 3rd or 4th gear, and your getting a CEL going 90, I'd bet something is wrong with the truck. I don't think any of that is normal.
                                Yes, from a stop. When in automatic and not putting it into "manual" mode. You can flip it over to "manual" and "downshift" to get it to start in first.

That is "correct" from the factory. It is for fuel savings. I have a buddy and his does this as well. It is aggravating to say the least.

Yes, I need to get it CEL checked out, just haven't had time. It is for the active shutter control. I have the feeling it has issues at speed. Should be wide open at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X