No announcement yet.

2022 Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not loving the huge open bottom grill on the 2022, looks like a yawning sumo wrestler….

Comment

They definitely weren’t in it to win it with their color options!

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
        Didn’t get any inside pics.
        I saw one in person for the first time today. It was a SR5 TRD 4x4 sport model, the trim around the wheel wells were color matched to truck and the "handle bar mustache" trim around the grill was color matched also. It was grey with black rims and all the decals were blacked out. It looked really good! I've always owned and liked GMC's but if the chip shortage didn't have the prices so high and volumes low I would probably go get a new tundra.

Comment

I like the look.
          I like the performance of the turbo engines, but not sure about their reliability.

Comment

I'm going to go against the crowd and say it's a ugly as Nissan and Chevys. I don't understand the desire to make something so gawdy and chunky. The tailgate looks like they glued Legos onto it.

I realize the bad looks are due to new regulations and mpg requirements, but dodge and Ford make good looking trucks. Somehow gm and Toyota just didn't hire the right engineers or something.

Comment

Love tundras but not a fan at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                Love tundras but not a fan at all

X2, glad I got my 2020.

Comment

Looks like a bigger Tacoma to me, which I really like.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  I'm going to go against the crowd and say it's a ugly as Nissan and Chevys. I don't understand the desire to make something so gawdy and chunky. The tailgate looks like they glued Legos onto it.

I realize the bad looks are due to new regulations and mpg requirements, but dodge and Ford make good looking trucks. Somehow gm and Toyota just didn't hire the right engineers or something.

Comment

Bumping this back up, hearing waste gate issue which is requiring body to be removed from frame to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                      Bumping this back up, hearing waste gate issue which is requiring body to be removed from frame to repair.
                      Yeah, I watched a video on that.
                      Small percentage of the overall though from what I remember.
                      Saw a front bumper replacement a shop in Iowa did, and the amount of time/labor was insane.
                      Almost like Toyota doesn't want you taking the bumper off .

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
                        I heard there is no V8 option on the 2022s. Pass.

Saw this as well. No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                          Saw this as well. No thanks!

The twin turbo 6 is rated at 389 hp which is a tad more than the 5.7 put out. The engine has been used in Lexus vehicles for years and is a proven performer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            Yeah, I watched a video on that.
                            Small percentage of the overall though from what I remember.
                            Saw a front bumper replacement a shop in Iowa did, and the amount of time/labor was insane.
                            Almost like Toyota doesn't want you taking the bumper off .
                            Seeing how tundra sales only make up a small percentage of half ton units sold, this can’t be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                              X2, glad I got my 2020.
                              yep, that is what I have. Been happy with it. Not all the whisles and bells as the others, but I hope it last a while.

Comment

Anyone had the 2022 tundra for some time now that can give real life report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X