Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers continue for both of you.

Comment

David and Mindy, we keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Comment

More prayers sent for David and you too Mindy.

Comment

Latest David Update:

Could ya use a little good news today? Here it is.

David is showing improvements. We strongly believe the bi-weekly iv therapy in congruence with his chemo is a big contributor to that.

Also, a few weeks ago David was having sinus issues, but he didn't think it felt like a sinus infection. Well...it took a couple weeks and him holding his head in his hands one morning for me to figure out that sinus infections don't feel the same when you have a brain tumor affecting the feelings in your face/head. Hello? Got him on antibiotics and the frequent naps and chronic fatigue disappeared.

He is making progress with his therapies. All 3 therapists are pleased with the new energy he has. He doesn't tire as easily and he works hard with each modality.

Today, he took a decent walk with his physical therapist. He was using his rollator, but he did it without difficulty. Slow and steady. That is the farthest he has walked in quite some time.

David had an appointment with a Neuro Ophthalmologist at UTSW last week to discuss his vision issues (double vision and nystagmus). The appointment and exam took over 4 hours, which was fairly draining. Overall it was a good appointment. A new med is going to be used in attempt to help ease his nystagmus.

We also saw his neuro-onc last week. After the visit, I asked the doctor if he would be so kind to send us a summary of the last 6 months of treatment. He did so and this last paragraph got us pretty giddy.

"I think he is doing well at this time. The tumor is responding to the chemotherapy. I am hopeful that the (iv therapy) will cause an improvement in his functional status and that he will soon be able to do the things that he used to enjoy doing without any difficulty."

Listen. We have read those words I can't tell you how many times. Really? Well, there ya go. Don't put limits on God.

Thanks for praying with us. We feel so fortunate to be surrounded by all of you.

Happy Day, friends!

Comment

That's amazing news! Thank you for sharing it!

Comment

VERY happy to hear this good news. Prayers continue for you both.

Comment

That is such great news!!! Thanks for sharing Mindy. We missed you heroes at Nanza, but just know that you were there in spirit, and we love you!

Comment

I believe in miracles

prayers warriors are in full support as we're sending you lots of love and encouragement.

Comment

Wow, awesome news Mindy! Way to keep fighting, David!

Comment

Great news. Continued prayers.

Comment

Great news!!
                        Continued prayers.

Comment

Thank you for the update. Will continue praying!! Such a fighter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Continued prayers and yes I needed some positivity today!

Comment

Great news Mindy. Thank you and God bless the two of you.

Comment

Awesome! Prayer continues.

Comment

Working...
                                X