Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan, [emoji1063] bound......Big Woods!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    I'm guessing, over there, it is no particular time when the deer show up to feed?

How many shooters have been showing up to this bait site?
    Nope, they cruise whenever. [emoji106] I am sure folks go in midday but for me I am here to hunt.
    No shooters for me while on stand. Lots of shooters on the cameras...140+....at night!!![emoji37] Just need a big boy to slip up.....once!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! How many more hunts do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two more young doe since my last update. Neither had trailing bucks.[emoji37]
        Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
        Good luck! How many more hunts do you have?

All day Saturday and half day Sunday. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Two more young doe since my last update. Neither had trailing bucks.[emoji37]All day Saturday and half day Sunday. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Nothing like waiting until last minute to shoot one, lol. Good luck and stay warm!!

Comment

Its gonna happen!!!

Comment

You've got this Oscar. Hang tough.

Comment

I’m pulling for you. This has to be a mentally tough hunt.

Comment

Hey everybody,
                  I'm still at it in the Great North Big 🪵 Woods. Got settled in around 6:25 am with a temp of 23 degrees and zero wind. I pulled a doe in heat drag line about 125 yds coming in as a new "pawing" is about 10 yds behind the alfalfa. I left the line hanging in a [emoji269] just in case the tide turns my way. I had been on stand maybe 90 minutes and got the 1st text.

"Just going for alfalfa bales and just seen a buck chasing!
                  (Gerry my outfitter!!!)"

My outfitter just text again:

"Just seen two more bucks chasing doe just past Prudence stand on way to the lodge!"

Hopefully things get to rocking as I really want to seal the deal on a northern bruiser. [emoji1662]
                  Oh, got wolves in the not so far distance, but not right on top of me either.[emoji15] This pic considered an adolescent wolf. The other photo had 3 or 4 younger wolves laying on alfalfa as bedding.

Comment

Wish you the best on today’s hunt.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck today Oscar. Do you have a wolf tag?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                          Good luck today Oscar. Do you have a wolf tag?
                          Regrettably no tags for this area until next deer season. [emoji849] They can be shot if u feel threatened......heck, I feel threatened just being out here for 11 hours per day with a stick & string.......[emoji3061]
                          They say they have alot and hope our USFWS needs a few more dozen as they are happy to provide them.[emoji854]

Comment

Pulling for you Oscar!!

Once you have time (don't want to detract from you watching for big boy!) I'd be curious to know how it works with the outfitter. Does he provide lodging and meals...then provide a good area to hunt along with some suggestions on where to set up? Do they prepare the sets before you get there...or do you prepare the sets? I guess in general I'm wondering what they do and don't provide, and how much flexibility you have to make changes? Thanks!

I've dreamed of securing a similar type hunt since reading about big Canadian bucks in North American Whitetail MAgazine as a kid...
                            Last edited by LukeDuke; 11-13-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                              Pulling for you Oscar!!

Once you have time (don't want to detract from you watching for big boy!) I'd be curious to know how it works with the outfitter. Does he provide lodging and meals...then provide a good area to hunt along with some suggestions on where to set up? Do they prepare the sets before you get there...or do you prepare the sets? I guess in general I'm wondering what they do and don't provide, and how much flexibility you have to make changes? Thanks!
                              Fully guided. Soup to nuts.....including airport pickup and drop off based on arrival dates, meals, field transportation, lodging during hunt, snacks, most beverages, etc. Yes, I have made suggestions on my setups and tweaked a few shooting lanes, etc. 🤏 The sets were baited 2-3 weeks ago as they started sending me pics soon thereafter. Tons of leeway as YOU are the client but I tend to follow their lead as it is much different environment. But I ask a ton of WHY questions or DUMB guy questions.....lol. Hope that helps.[emoji106]

Comment

Hoping today is the "magic" day for you brother. But if not, with your morning outfitter report, might be time for you to have "scheduling delays" and keep at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X