No announcement yet.

Alec Baldwin involved with shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent for the family of the lady who was killed. What an unspeakable tragedy.

Baldwin is an unlikeable dirtbag. But I still feel sorry for him. He was obviously careless and clueless, but it was still a horrible mistake/accident. I can't imagine how he is feeling, knowing how bad he screwed up. It'll haunt him for the rest of his life - and rightly so. Still terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      So he shot 2 people with one shot?
      Yep. Went throug the girl and stuck in the man.

Comment

It is an 1880's-themed movie, so presumably a revolver. How does a range bullet make it round to the firing position without being noticed?
        Last edited by SharpEnd; 10-22-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          They had a dummy round and filmed loading the gun. Unloaded the gun and bullet pulled out left stuck in lands. Load blank and fire it.
          Wouldn't have thought a blank would have that much power, especially considering there had to be a sizable gap between the blank & the bullet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Prayers sent for the family of the lady who was killed. What an unspeakable tragedy.

Baldwin is an unlikeable dirtbag. But I still feel sorry for him. He was obviously careless and clueless, but it was still a horrible mistake/accident. I can't imagine how he is feeling, knowing how bad he screwed up. It'll haunt him for the rest of his life - and rightly so. Still terrible.
              Agreed.
              Prayers for her family.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Wouldn't have thought a blank would have that much power, especially considering there had to be a sizable gap between the blank & the bullet.
                No clue about this. I have a cattle dart gun that can send a dart with 10cc's of medicine up to 75 yards with a 22 blank. Shoots basically flat up to 15 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  If it was indeed a squib load, then excessive pressure could actually be created in such a scenario...they also use different / powerful blanks for effect, so you can imagine a really hot blank that wouldn't normally have so much powder with a projectile loaded.

If they were using black powder for the smoke effect (old western??) then there is no real burn rate, just how big of an instant kaboom...this story is getting bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
                    Even though I think Baldwin is a piece of ***** this is still a tragedy. The victims families still deserve a little respect. Please remember it could be any of our family members and no matter who's at fault still painful to go through. JMHO
                    Solid point

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      $100 says that ****bird blames the film crew.
                      He already did, saying why did the film crew give him a loaded gun in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Yep. Went throug the girl and stuck in the man.
                        I didn’t know this. Not his fault then.

Comment

Gold

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Missed garguys post stating same. Sounds like an out of control set.

Wow, on news tonight it sounds like some crew members walked off the set before incident due to gun safety concerns. Also two accidental gun discharges within 10 minutes.
                            Last edited by rjet; 10-22-2021, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Could the safety issues possibly result in criminal issues?

Example: I had to carry an MSHA card throughout my working career.
                              Charges can be be brought if the safety issues led to a injury/death due to knowingly having safety issues and not giving a ****. Who was the producer that cut the corners?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ladrones; 10-22-2021, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                Could the safety issues possibly result in criminal issues?
                                …….. Who was the producer that cut the corners?
                                It could result in criminal charges depending on how the state law is written and what the safety issues were. A lot depends on the mental culpability of the person(s) responsible.

I think Baldwin was the producer.

Comment

Working...
                                X