Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complacency
    That jack-wad got lazy on following the rules of on set guidelines
    It wasn’t his first rodeo handling firearm in a movie, he pulled the trigger and passed the blame on the armorers and faulty weapon

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Someone who doesn’t know **** about guns probably wouldn’t know the difference between real and fake rounds. That’s why they pay someone else (armorer).

Ignorance does not remove responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Oh, but it does…
        People are killed all the time from ignorance from others, with nobody going to jail for it. That’s why they call it accidents.

Comment

Picking up a gun pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger isn't an accident imo. If your gona handle a weapon it's your responsibility to make sure it's loaded or not. It's also their responsibility to hire a competent "armorer" which obviously they failed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            Picking up a gun pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger isn't an accident imo. If your gona handle a weapon it's your responsibility to make sure it's loaded or not. It's also their responsibility to hire a competent "armorer" which obviously they failed to do.
            All true. I’m sure a lot of accidents come from a-holes trying to be cute by dropping the clip from a semi-auto and pointing it at his buddy and pulling the trigger not realizing the chamber still holds a live round. That is no accident. That is negligent homicide. At least I would think that it gets ruled that way.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              It certainly can.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                All true. I’m sure a lot of accidents come from a-holes trying to be cute by dropping the clip from a semi-auto and pointing it at his buddy and pulling the trigger not realizing the chamber still holds a live round. That is no accident. That is negligent homicide. At least I would think that it gets ruled that way.
                Under Texas law that is roughly what he is charged with. In Texas it carries a 24 month maximum and in NM, 18 months. If they “throw the book at him”, he will probably do 4 months or about 16 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Dilly dilly
                  Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  I have been involved in a few of those and know of more. All that i know of were sent to grand jury

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think is this the start of the excuses from the judicial system.

Comment

New Mexico has an unusual definition of involuntary manslaughter.

In this case it would be killing someone while committing a lawful act, “without due caution and circumspection”.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        Under Texas law that is roughly what he is charged with. In Texas it carries a 24 month maximum and in NM, 18 months. If they “throw the book at him”, he will probably do 4 months or about 16 weeks.
                        I really dont see the point in charging the guy for an accident.

Accidents happen. There's nothing negligent about acting in a movie with something you are told is a movie prop.

I don't like the guy either or his gun stances, but the guy not getting no billed on this seems ridiculous and persecutory.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

Accidents happen. There's nothing negligent about acting in a movie with something you are told is a movie prop.

I don't like the guy either or his gun stances, but the guy not getting no billed on this seems ridiculous and persecutory.

Great point. I feel the same way. I don’t like the guy’s opinions either. Do ANY actors check their guns before a scene? Not saying they shouldn’t.

If this was one of these guys favorite actor that shared the same ideas this would be a different conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

I have stated that point a few times. I can guarantee that John Wayne and Clint Eastwood have pointed real guns at people.

Accidents can certainly be criminal though.

Using Texas as an example (with each state having its own laws), the lowest culpable mental state is criminal negligence, defined as:

….when he ought to be aware of a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that the failure to perceive it constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor's (suspect) standpoint.

Key in the definition is… “as viewed from the actor’s standpoint”.

So by law it has to be a gross deviation from standard care from Baldwin’s standpoint or in other words, that of an movie actor on set. The claims made of hunter safety and so on don’t apply in this situation unless it is an industry standard to do firearms training. Maybe they do but I doubt it.

When movie actors are given a firearm as a prop, does their standard of care require them to check the gun to see if it has bullets and if so, to check if they are prop bullets made to look real or actual rounds?

I am guessing that they don’t check but they have yet to ask me to star in a movie or be on a movie set.

Of course NM has its own laws and the Texas law is only an example but I think there is a decent chance of an acquittal.

Convicted in a crime or not, as the producer and in control of everything on the set, he is still responsible for everything under civil law.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                              New Mexico has an unusual definition of involuntary manslaughter.

In this case it would be killing someone while committing a lawful act, “without due caution and circumspection”.
                              I think that is roughly equivalent of criminal negligence under their law.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                100%

Hes a DA for not checking it. And it shows he's not a gun owner. I've attended 100s of training hours with real guns. We check, check again and again.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                IMO you should not have to check because you should never point a real gun at another person.

I wouldn't be an actor where real guns were being aimed at me all day long.

Comment

Working...
                                X