X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People that shoot young bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      My biggest pet peeve is a poor communicator. In the world of texting and cellphones, there is no excuse not to shoot off a 5 sec text to somebody. Especially one, when I am around them, has their nose buried in their phone 24-7 otherwise. I see it at work, w/friends/family, deer lease business, classifieds etc etc.......
      You got that right Smart---

And while I'm at it, how about LEOs that don't enforce the law, even when it is broken right in front of them. Stuff like speeding, running red lights, no turn signals/unsafe lane changes---folks break the little laws and move on to bigger ones?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        I think you just named a majority of people in general. It's easier to just say......people.
        Nope.
        You must be hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
          Nope.
          You must be hanging out with the wrong crowd.
          No I just see it for what it is. People in general are pretty self centered,arrogant,liars,etc. Just the way it is. If I let every little thing be a pet peeve I'd have a lot of 'em. The things other people do ain't my problem and they won't ever be my problem.

I'm in charge of me and only me. Why get mad or even give someone being rude or disrespectful the time of day? So I can take time out of my life and waste valuable time being mad over someone that doesn't have any affect on my life whatsoever? I'll pass. Another pet peeve for myself is I hate worrying about things that don't matter. So I don't.
          Last edited by okrattler; 10-09-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Befor I share my carefully culled list of vexations, i’d first like to thank those of you who chimed in with lists of your own. You’ve helped me to see that I have far more pet peeves than I realized. Due to your generosity (or just to those of you with generously long lists), I have tried my best not to repeat any for the sake of brevity.

A small mea culpa: It also appears that I may be guilty of violating one or two of your pet peeves. Specifically, I have been known to use the middle turn lane as a means of merging into traffic going the opposite direction on a heavily traveled road. While I’m not certain I understand why this bothers some people, I will endeavor not to do it going forward, simply because it does. Bother you, I mean.

Now to my list:
            1) Men who need 45 minutes to take a sh** in the morning. What the he** are you all doing in there that takes all this time?? Does it occur to you that others may be waiting to use the facilities as well? (Answer: No, not even remotely.)
            2) Flavored spirits, i.e., “wedding cake”-flavored vodka. Not only is it gross, it’s just plain tacky.
            3) The abdication of the serial comma (a grammatical matter). The current affectation of only using one comma to separate a string of nouns and their conjunctions is just plain laziness which, often times, results in great confusion. Consider the following sentence: I live in the same neighborhood as my parents, Bob and Mary. It is unclear whether you live near your parents and two friends or whether you parents are named Bob and Mary.
            4) And speaking of grammar, people who incorrectly use “I” instead of “me,” presumably because it sounds more sophisticated. The following sentence is incorrect: My mom went to the movies with Peggy and I. If you remove Peggy from the situation, would you say Mom went to the movies with I? No, you would not.
            5) Man buns. (I don’t think this needs elaboration.)
            6) Girly-men.
            7) Girls who act like girly-men.
            8) Flip-flops or sandals on men. Listen, you men have some very nice features; your feet—especially your toes—are not one of them. Like my momma told me, “Sandals should never be worn by any man older than four.” And flip-flops? No. Just, no.
            9) Unruly children and the parents who indulge them. I was in Target one day when I came across a 3-year-old monster child who was behaving like a banshee and swiping products off the shelf. Both his parents were squatted down on his level trying to “reason” with him as to why this behavior was “inappropriate.” I asked them, “Does that ever work?” Hah!
            10) People who don’t put things back where they found them.
            11) People who lack basic table manners. Look, I really don’t care which fork you use or which kind of wine glass you use for your red wine. However, for the love of God, don’t talk with your mouth full and chew your food with your mouth closed! I really don’t want to have to look at your half-masticated food while I’m trying to eat mine. And for that matter, cover your mouth when you yawn. I don’t want to see the inside of your mouth. Period.
            12) Men who troll for women at H‑E‑B. When you ask me for help finding “the…um, uh…pickles,” I always wonder, do you think I’m stupid? And I’m convinced Tuesdays are “Dirty Old Man and Divorced Dad’s Day” at H‑E‑B. Most are perfectly harmless and very respectful. However, one day, I encountered a fairly consistent fellow who would not easily be put off. He followed me from aisle to aisle asking for help, asking what I was making for dinner, telling me the things I had in my basket looked very interesting. I tried to remain polite but, try as I might, he would not be put off. When I finally got to the dairy aisle, I’d had enough. I turned to him and said, “Look, I am a married person and I suspect you are, too. I will not be seeing you outside of this store, so just put your scooter in reverse and back it on up.” And he finally did. BEEP-BEEP-BEEP…
            11) And last but not least…men who wear bras, and complain about them!

Comment

Just happened in homedepot. Sales people following you through the store trying to sell insurance etc… after you already declined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                Befor I share my carefully culled list of vexations, i’d first like to thank those of you who chimed in with lists of your own. You’ve helped me to see that I have far more pet peeves than I realized. Due to your generosity (or just to those of you with generously long lists), I have tried my best not to repeat any for the sake of brevity.

A small mea culpa: It also appears that I may be guilty of violating one or two of your pet peeves. Specifically, I have been known to use the middle turn lane as a means of merging into traffic going the opposite direction on a heavily traveled road. While I’m not certain I understand why this bothers some people, I will endeavor not to do it going forward, simply because it does. Bother you, I mean.

Now to my list:
                1) Men who need 45 minutes to take a sh** in the morning. What the he** are you all doing in there that takes all this time?? Does it occur to you that others may be waiting to use the facilities as well? (Answer: No, not even remotely.)
                2) Flavored spirits, i.e., “wedding cake”-flavored vodka. Not only is it gross, it’s just plain tacky.
                3) The abdication of the serial comma (a grammatical matter). The current affectation of only using one comma to separate a string of nouns and their conjunctions is just plain laziness which, often times, results in great confusion. Consider the following sentence: I live in the same neighborhood as my parents, Bob and Mary. It is unclear whether you live near your parents and two friends or whether you parents are named Bob and Mary.
                4) And speaking of grammar, people who incorrectly use “I” instead of “me,” presumably because it sounds more sophisticated. The following sentence is incorrect: My mom went to the movies with Peggy and I. If you remove Peggy from the situation, would you say Mom went to the movies with I? No, you would not.
                6) Girly-men.
                8) Flip-flops or sandals on men. Listen, you men have some very nice features; your feet—especially your toes—are not one of them. Like my momma told me, “Sandals should never be worn by any man older than four.” And flip-flops? No. Just, no.
                9) Unruly children and the parents who indulge them. I was in Target one day when I came across a 3-year-old monster child who was behaving like a banshee and swiping products off the shelf. Both his parents were squatted down on his level trying to “reason” with him as to why this behavior was “inappropriate.” I asked them, “Does that ever work?” Hah!
                11) People who lack basic table manners. Look, I really don’t care which fork you use or which kind of wine glass you use for your red wine. However, for the love of God, don’t talk with your mouth full and chew your food with your mouth closed! I really don’t want to have to look at your half-masticated food while I’m trying to eat mine. And for that matter, cover your mouth when you yawn. I don’t want to see the inside of your mouth. Period.
                12) Men who troll for women at H‑E‑B. When you ask me for help finding “the…um, uh…pickles,” I always wonder, do you think I’m stupid? And I’m convinced Tuesdays are “Dirty Old Man and Divorced Dad’s Day” at H‑E‑B. Most are perfectly harmless and very respectful. However, one day, I encountered a fairly consistent fellow who would not easily be put off. He followed me from aisle to aisle asking for help, asking what I was making for dinner, telling me the things I had in my basket looked very interesting. I tried to remain polite but, try as I might, he would not be put off. When I finally got to the dairy aisle, I’d had enough. I turned to him and said, “Look, I am a married person and I suspect you are, too. I will not be seeing you outside of this store, so just put your scooter in reverse and back it on up.” And he finally did. BEEP-BEEP-BEEP…
                Ok ThisLadyHunts, after reading your list I had no other option but to look at myself and my own actions and come to a conclusion whether or not I need to improve in any of these areas. Now bare in mind that I have no other person to answer to other than my wife, but my mission in life is to never infringe on anyone’s rights, freedoms, personal space, or any other area that has caused for me to be a pain in anybody else’s presence. Now I have been married to the same woman for 44 years and she claims that it has been the most enjoyable 31 years of her life. (WTH) We raised 2 daughters so being the only male in my home for years I was held accountable for most of my manly habits and groomed into what they would have me be. Now with that being said I’m sure I am guilty to a certain degree of a little back sliding. So now I have you to thank for the areas I see I need to work on. But I might add that there are reasons that we do what we do and certain people around us might not understand our reason for doing them. So, I will address my areas of shortcomings as per your list.

1) I am EXTREMELY guilty of the 45 minute bathroom thing. But we have 2 bathrooms and so no harm done. And I might add that is my personal time where no body should ever really want to be part of the whole experience that pretty well happens at 5:00 am every morning. But it really doesn’t take as long as that but there might be some repainting involved or open window airing out and multiple air fresheners so I go in prepared for the worst case scenario.
                4) Grammar issues? Maybe. But it should be minimal being that I’m a graduate of A&M. ( Alvin and Manvel )
                8) Flip Flops or Sandals? No way but I do wear Crocs daily. I have enough metal in my right leg to retire on if scrap prices come up and it just works for me.
                10) I totally resemble this issue and will need to improve.
                11) And last but not least, Bras. I have really not tried nor do I need one (yet) but I will promise if I ever do and it doesn’t work out for me I can assure you no one and I do mean NO ONE will ever know and from that day forward I will give women the utmost respect for having to endure a lifetime of such misery.

In closing I would like to personally thankyou for possibly making me a better person than I think I already am. Well wishes to you mam.
                Last edited by Gumbo Man; 10-09-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

Now to my list:
                  6) Girly-men.
                  I’ve thought about the things that **** me off, and have concluded that my box is full. This thread has ****** me off due to the fact that so many are able to allow others to **** them off. I don’t have that luxury due to the fact that my ‘****** me off’ box is full of not overflowing. The real issue for me, is trying to find something that doesn’t ****
                  Me off. It’s hard, and that ****** me off !

Comment

I hate people that poach and trespass.
                    I don’t lease anymore, but over the years there was only 1 lease I was on that wasn’t poached, that we know of.
                    I don’t wear flip flops and I’m in and out of the bathroom within 5 minutes most of the.
                    LOL. My granddaughters hate I mean hate when them old girls at the grocery store call me honey.baby,love ect.
                    One ask one of my granddaughters if she was trying to get me hooked up for Valentine’s Day.
                    She couldn’t tell her grandmother fast enough about it.

Comment

People that say “ My Bad” , tailgaters, slow rollers in the hammer lane, people that stop just before merging onto a freeway, people that don’t read traffic signs, people that do Not understand 4 way stop signs, the total lack of Sir and Ma’am , people that are late for work , people biting their utensils, people placing the whole mouth of a bottled drink in their mouth, people that Do Not understand what Slower traffic keep right means! Oh yeah , People that say “ MY BAD” - did I say that one already ? ;-)
                      Last edited by Bucknaked; 10-09-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Pet Peeves———- Who’s Gottum?

Gas vehicles using the only diesel pump at a station when there are plenty of open gas pumps.

Comment

I love flip flops. Wear them about 10 months out of the year. My hopes of sweeping ThisLadyHunts off her feet have vanished.

I too dislike people that don't understand a 4 way stop sign. I've been known to put my truck in park and sit there until they figure it out.

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                          You got that right Smart---

And while I'm at it, how about citizens that don't follow the law, even when it is the signs are right in front of them. Stuff like speeding, running red lights, no turn signals/unsafe lane changes---folks break the little laws and move on to bigger ones
                          Couldn't agree more. It's called personal responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                            Gas vehicles using the only diesel pump at a station when there are plenty of open gas pumps.

I hate that pump. Y’all are messy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine is when folks walk past trash and don't pick it up. It irks me to no end.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                I hate that pump. Y’all are messy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good. Stay away from it. [emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                                X