No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playoff knee jerk reactions are the best! And so many by those who “boycotted” the NFL

Most have no idea what they just saw, or how the league really works. Do y’all realize how close the 5th best, and 25th best teams in the league are to one another? It’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      They had their chance and the Bills blew it. Its not a one way game. Despite what you may think defense is a part of the team too. No perfect scenario for OT. I think the way it is now is as good as it will ever get.
      Oh. I'm all about defense...was the capt of my HS team and moved over from offense my sophomore year to safety. Trust me, if I played for the chiefs I would have still wanted the opportunity to stop the bills with their possession.

It was such an entertaining game & man it would have been cool to see if they could have tied it back up...really good day of football regardless!! I was indifferent on both games, although I wasn't real jazzed for brady to see another SB. Hopefully these last games will deliver as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Agree with the OT rules! BS!
        X3

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
            "A football coach has a bad game or a bad season and he is called a failure. A medical student finishes last in his class and he is called a doctor".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Doctors bury their mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              I like it! Clearly better defense is needed with that score. Love the offensive numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Uh, please point out where we Previously got into it...Austin??
                Just stay in Austin with your woke changes.

Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

lol...been here a long time & guessing the first time I've been called a liberal (from austin) (and to stay put).

...me vale madre

Comment

Here is a little tidbit of information about the OT rule.

In 2019 the Chiefs lost 37-31 in overtime to The Patriots with of course Tom Brady at quarterback. The Chiefs never got to touch the ball. In the following off season the Chiefs lobbied the NFL to change the overtime rules in order for each team to get at least one possession. Here is the proposal.

Here was the official suggestion from the Chiefs, via NFL Football Operations:

“Amend Rule 16 to (1) allow both teams the opportunity to possess the ball at least one time in overtime, even if the first team to possess the ball in overtime scores a touchdown; (2) eliminate overtime for preseason; and (3) eliminate overtime coin toss so that winner of initial coin toss to begin game may choose whether to kick or receive, or which goal to defend.”

The other team owners.....other than the Chiefs....were not interested in changing the rule. They did not even take a vote.

Here are Josh Allen's comments about the OT rules.

"The rules are what they are, and I can't complain about that 'cause if it was the other way around, we'd be celebrating, too," he said. "So, it is what it is. We didn't make enough plays tonight."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 01-24-2022, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Is Jerry going to (re)hire Sean Payton?

Comment

^^^ JJ doesn’t have any sense to make a move like that…. One of the most obvious differences between the top tier teams and lower tier teams is the top teams are disciplined…. Idiot JJ thinks he can buy discipline by giving out big contracts…

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                          That would make far too much sense.

Comment

I think the overtime rule just needs to be changed for the playoffs. It serves it's purpose fine for the regular season, besides there are 17 games to sort your **** out in the reg season, if it comes down to a tie or OT loss, you don't belong. But there's no reason to end a playoff game in OT without both teams having the chance to put their offense on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              I highly doubt Sean Payton will leave Mrs Benson high and dry. I also think Peyton has no use at all for the Jones family. He doesn't need the money either.
                              Peyton's job is secure as long as Mrs Benson is alive win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                I highly doubt Sean Payton will leave Mrs Benson high and dry. I also think Peyton has no use at all for the Jones family. He doesn't need the money either.
                                Peyton's job is secure as long as Mrs Benson is alive win or lose.
                                Payton is still close with the Jones family, and his kids still live here with his ex wife. High and dry? You realize guys are lining up for NFL coaching jobs by the hundreds? lol That's not how this works...
                                Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-25-2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X