Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Dak is another Tony Romo. Great stats but still a loser.
    Horse hockey, Dak inherited a team ready to make a SB run, he did not get it done, do not even compare the two. The Cowboys made a huge mistake by not letting Romo play when he was ready, even the great Jimmy J said the same thing. Now because of that mistake Dallas has a 40M dollar QB who many feel will never sniff a SB. The Cowboys made a huge mistake by extending Zeke but the only reason they did is because they knew Dak could not carry the team, they can get out of the Zeke deal after this season, they are tied to Dak for 4-5 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      Horse hockey, Dak inherited a team ready to make a SB run, he did not get it done, do not even compare the two. The Cowboys made a huge mistake by not letting Romo play when he was ready, even the great Jimmy J said the same thing. Now because of that mistake Dallas has a 40M dollar QB who many feel will never sniff a SB. The Cowboys made a huge mistake by extending Zeke but the only reason they did is because they knew Dak could not carry the team, they can get out of the Zeke deal after this season, they are tied to Dak for 4-5 more years.
      I fully endorse this post, except I think those poor b*****ds believed Dak was the man, and thought Zeke would make them a super team.

Comment

Zeke already on the decline

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
          Zeke already on the decline
          yep and it looks like Dak has peaked and may have stepped back as well, like i was saying I think the Cowboys made two big mistakes, extending Zeke and giving that huge deal to Dak. Looks like the Browns are not going to fall into that trap, read somewhere that Baker has to prove himself before they even think about negotiating a new deal.

Comment

yep and it looks like Dak has peaked and may have stepped back as well, like i was saying I think the Cowboys made two big mistakes, extending Zeke and giving that huge deal to Dak. Looks like the Browns are not going to fall into that trap, read somewhere that Baker has to prove himself before they even think about negotiating a new deal.
            Dak suffered what could have been a career ending injury. Let’s see what he does with an off-season to get himself on track. His accuracy issues where directly tied to footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
              Dak suffered what could have been a career ending injury. Let’s see what he does with an off-season to get himself on track. His accuracy issues where directly tied to footwork.
              We're gonna have to. Hope he does work it out, but the OLine needs upgraded as well or he'll be set back by pressure.

Comment

I believe they should have paid Zeke; not as much as was given but he did all the work to allow Dak to develop to what he is now… Dak on the other hand, they saw or should have seen his ceiling; if anything they should have low balled him as his injuries always come with risk of future performance… should not have offered such a long deal… whether it’s foot work or something else I am not sure but he can’t throw crossing routes( never has ) to save his life. he compensates by over throwing on speed/power which doesn’t work well either.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  We're gonna have to. Hope he does work it out, but the OLine needs upgraded as well or he'll be set back by pressure.
                  Absolutely! Need a center and a left tackle at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                    He played just fine for 6 games, then the defenses changed up and he could not figure it out, unless he hit his head injury had nothing to do with it. Like another post said, he struggles big time hitting receivers in stride, always has, I like him a lot but i have serious doubt that he will ever be an elite QB, they say he is top 10, if he is then there are about 6-8 other QB's that are right there with him, so he could be 10th or 16th depending on how he played that day.

Comment

The "footwork" injury I question was the calf injury this season around the bye week. The guy made EVERY throw on the field the first 6 weeks and was polished and poised doing so. I realize that wasn't the stiffest competition, but the throws still had to be made. I don't know if the calf had that much to do with accuracy or not, but something changed, and don't tell me the defenses adjusted that much, because there were still guys open and he missed them. I still think he'll be fine. His contract would have been 10 mil a year less if Jerry hadn't effed around and drug it out for 2 years.

Bad contracts and poor drafting have left the o-line old and worn down, if they don't fix that the rest doesn't matter.

They have too many holes to plug on O-line, and in the secondary, and too many free agents, and too many bad contracts to get anything done next season.

Comment

Better get the best 2 OTs and LG in the draft or free agency. Then hope they get race ready to play their rookie season. They have nothing at LG. Dakuracy might have more injuries and accuracy issues than he has now if he isn't protected. The center is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          Better get the best 2 OTs and LG in the draft or free agency. Then hope they get race ready to play their rookie season. They have nothing at LG. Dakuracy might have more injuries and accuracy issues than he has now if he isn't protected. The center is ok.

Center is our biggest problem on the O line. I am not a fan of what we have to offer at LG either, but the center is certainly not ok.

Comment

There are several QB's that have played behind lesser O lines and did just fine, the only way Dak will prosper is with a dominant running game and a stellar defense, they may have the workings of the D but that run game is lacking because of the O line, I think coaching is / was a huge problem with the run game. They have a good QB, they need a great one, there are only a few of those to go around, looks to me like it will be many more years before they have a legit chance at a championship.

Comment

I hope they never win anything with the Jones as owners and Zeke on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                Move Collins to left guard, let Steele play right tackle or draft another tackle, hope like hell Smith stays healthy. Invest in more defensive play makers, kick the can down the road, sign your free agents and others, go for it, nothing to lose, they are stuck with Dak for 5 years, can get away from Zeke next season, better find another good back, don't think Pollard is that guy, he is really good but have doubts about him being the number 1 guy, he has never been a starter at any level, that says something.

Comment

Working...
                                X