Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Highschool kids still buy Class Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sons graduated high school in 2016 and 2020, neither wanted a ring and not sure any of their friends did either. They didn't wear their varsity jackets much either. Andrew does wear his Aggie ring proudly (Class of '20) and Jake is looking forward to ordering his when the time comes (Class of '24).

I did get a high school ring back in the 80s but so did everyone it seems. Haven't worn it since I started college, although I do still have it in a drawer somewhere. I have no idea what ever happened to my high school varsity jacket. A couple of my classmates wore them to our 30 year reunion a few years ago, which just shows they haven't been living life to the fullest if they can still fit in them!
    Last edited by Duane; 10-01-2021, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I graduated in 2001 and just about everyone I knew bought and wore their ring senior year. Mom has mine in one of her jewelry boxes. About a year ago I looked at it and couldn't believe how small it was. I do wear my college ring.

Daughter is a Junior so I guess we'll see if she wants one. Her letter jacket was $500+ so can't wait to see what rings cost now.

Comment

Only people I know that care about their rings are Aggies and sports champions. And of those two, only one of them actually wears them.

Comment

I never got a high school ring and didn’t get one for college either. Have two conference champion rings from college but don’t wear them. Never wore them when we got them.

Comment

People were shocked in the 80's when I said I didn't want one. Pops asked me if I wanted a ring, or get something with the money. Can't remember how much is was going to cost, but I remember being at least 300 bucks, if not more. Got a bass guitar and small amp for the same price......was much happier about that.....

Comment

My parents bought me one when I graduated in 2003, never wore it once…

Comment

Back in the 70's when I graduated it seemed like most everybody got one. I did and lost it within a couple weeks while water skiing. Didn't care to get a college ring.

Comment

I got my college ring but a high school ring nah.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                    That's the big sticking point with my wife. She said he might as well not even take senior pictures then.
                    Haaa, I didn't take the Oran Mills senior pictures either.

Comment

Personally I think its a waste of money, I din not ordered one when i was in HS, I don't think anyone I know wore there ring after high school.

Comment

I last wore my HS class ring at my graduation in 1991. My mom saved it and gave it to my wife a few years ago. It's in a jewelry box with my wife's class ring and my two oldest daughter's HS rings. My twin HS seniors declined to order one this year.

I made the decision not to get an Aggie ring........ when I dropped out freshman year.

Comment

I graduated HS from a small country school in NC in 1965. There were 52 of us in my graduating class. 80% of us started first grade together, all 12 grades went to the same school. We all got class rings and they meant something. We still get together for class reunions. When I graduated college I was one of thousands of graduating seniors and a college ring meant almost nothing to me.

Comment

I told my parents just hold on to that money and put it towards my Aggie ring. I wear that one everyday.

Comment

Graduated in '76. Everyone had a HS ring back then. I wore it all my senior year until I walked the stage and got my diploma. Got home and took it off and seven days later I was working. Haven't worn it since. It is in my wifes jewelry box though.

Comment

Neither of my sons had any desire for a HS ring.

Comment

Working...
                                X