Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Highschool kids still buy Class Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 oldest kids didn't get high school rings....they didn't care. Both got college rings. I didn't get a high school ring either (mainly because my parents couldn't afford one) but I did get a college ring....my grandparents bought it for me. My Grannie insisted since I was the first person in our family that anyone knows of that graduated a 4yr university. I very seldom wear it.

Comment

Have not seen my HS ring in years.
      Aggies are keeping the ring tradition alive though, my daughter and her husband have them and it is amazing the recognition they get. (From other cult members)

Comment

Nope, I didn’t want a reminder of the **** hole of a HS I just escaped, should have did a university ring though

Comment

I lost mine in about a week, if the kid does not want one, put the money towards something that will help him out when he moves off to college.

Comment

I graduated in 99 and I wore mine during my senior year only. Good for memories, but now it just sits in the safe and I doubt I could get it on my finger even if I wanted to, LOL!

College rings seem to be the popular choice, but I had my original one stolen then the replacement one stolen a few years later. Figured after 2 stolen rings, someone was telling me I didn’t need it.

Comment

I had a HS and College ring. wore the HS one till I graduated. then my college ring for years but took it off for surgery years ago and have never put it back on
              Aggies its a sign post but for others not sure anyone really cares.

Comment

I bought one, had it a week and some chick lost it in the water at Galveston when we were wrestling. Epic.

Comment

The only adults I have ever seen wear a school ring post graduation are Aggies, it’s their thing and a cool tradition but no other school’s alumni seem to care.

Comment

I graduated HS in 2001 and got a ring..... I wore it less than a dozen times and couldn't possibly tell you where it is now.

I just graduated college last month after going back to get my 4yr and did not get a ring. If I had graduated from A&M College Station instead of the Commerce campus I would have though.

My oldest daughter is a Junior in HS this year and has no desire to get one, said that she doesn't know any of the kids that are getting them.

She said I will be purchasing an Aggie ring for her in a few years though.

Comment

Mine cost $36. How much are they today?

Comment

I graduated in 2004, my parents bought me one. My girlfriend wore it and I couldn't possibly tell you where it's at today.

Comment

Put it towards a Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License, that will last them longer than the ring ever will

Comment

Originally posted by Collier View Post
                            Put it towards a Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License, that will last them longer than the ring ever will
                            Thats actually a brilliant idea!

Comment

The only men wearing rings other than a wedding band are Aggies. :-).

I didn't even think about getting one for any graduation. I found them to be completely pointless in the '80s and even more so today. Talk to mom and simply explain he doesn't want one so why buy one? I wish I had sent out a note in my graduation announcements that stated, "Gifts not needed--particularly if they are Cross pen/pencil sets." Man, I loaded up on those things. I think my parents regifted them for years. Haaa.
                              Last edited by RR 314; 10-01-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Mine graduated last year and didn't want one.
                                I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever worn mine. My girlfriend in HS wore it and when we split up I put it up. I still have it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X