Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any such thing as good wasp spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most all of it works the same, that's been my experience. This summer I've had several nests under the overhang around my roof. They are smaller than a yellow jacket or traditional wasp, not sure what they are but they build wasp type nests. Those things are basically immune from all of the sprays I've tried on them. They literally play in it when sprayed and then just fly off. I'd love to know what variety of insect they are. Yellowjackets and wasps typically drop like stones when I spray them.

Comment

Comment

My neighbor told me this year that he uses Talstar spray he buys off amazon..... says he sprays everything down before season and then no wasps to mess with..... Sprayed everything about a week ago and so far so good but we'll see over the next couple months how it holds up

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Pump up sprayer with soapy water.
          Originally posted by Jackal View Post
          Another one for the Dawn dish soap with water in a water gun will work as fast as Raid used to work.
          This is what I use and it is incredibly effective. I have Ajax dish soap in my sprayer, but have been told any dish soap works. Just used it on Sunday in my smokehouse that doubles as my BBQ wood dry storage on a 20 plus wasp nest and they all fell straight down. Used it last Monday on a similar sized red wasp nest on my pig blind. Same results. I'm not an anti-chemical guy and have used wasp spray in the past but after seeing it recommended several times on here, I decided to give it a shot and have been using it the last 2-3 years. It's easy to get and effective as hell... $9.99 for a cheap pump up sprayer dedicated to it and $2 for dish soap. It goes a looooong way. I'm still on my first gallon mix....lol

Comment

We've had good luck with the Hot Shot no pest strips. Leave one hanging while gone and significantly reduces the amount of wasps when you come back. This is assuming the blind is somewhat sealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Welcome to 2021. The year they have non scented bug spray.

I'm gonna bet it is non-scented to humans but a deer could pick off the chemicals.

Comment

Another vote for Spectracide. Dead dead dead. After spraying, I make sure to knock the nest down and stomp the nest with larvae to keep any newborns emerging with chemical resistance.

In areas where the kiddos might roam soon after treatment, I use dawn dish soap heavily mixed with water in a spray bottle that can stream out to 20-30’. Not as effective as the Spectracide though.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  I got a can that worked awesome from true value!

I sprayed them 7 times in 2 days. Finally I smashed them with the CAN… worked flawlessly

The active ingredient that worked I believe was removed due to the epa discovering that it caused testicular cancer in female sea turtles.

Last I pour gas on all flew away and soapy water failed too. Mine have mutated into zombie wasp and I now believe can only be killed by 600+gr adult arrows
                  LMAO!!!!

You and I must have the same luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    In areas where the kiddos might roam soon after treatment, I use dawn dish soap heavily mixed with water in a spray bottle that can stream out to 20-30’. Not as effective as the Spectracide though.

Dead is dead, no? I've not has a wasp survive soapy water...he might walk around on the ground for 10-15 seconds pondering his death, but he's no threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Mine have mutated into zombie wasp and I now believe can only be killed by 600+gr adult arrows

LMAO at the adult arrows..

Comment

CRC14010 is the best stuff around.
                        I also bought some Ortho home defense wasp killer the other day. This stuff was expanding foam spray. It was cool. I hit the nest about 20' away and it foamed up and covered the nest. I did not know it foamed. It made it nice to hit the weep holes around the house

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Dead is dead, no? I've not has a wasp survive soapy water...he might walk around on the ground for 10-15 seconds pondering his death, but he's no threat.
                          Dead is dead, but deader is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
                            You need to put the insecticide dipped cattle tags in every blind around June/July and you will have ZERO insects….. EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              Dead is dead, but deader is better.

That sounds like a certain Refuger asking what bird died better back in the day when he doubled over decoys....The one he shot with the first hevi shot load or the 2nd steel shot load with both laying face down head under water..

Comment

I did not see raid on the shelves last year. It dropped them instantly. Bug bombs for bed bugs will kill wasps. Use at night and they won't fly. Kills every last one. I had probably thousands in an old building attic. Set 2 bombs off in the attic and now we just see a wasp now and then.

Comment

Working...
                                X