Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=hpdrifter;15827511]
    Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
    Obviously you are not well versed on MLD, as most who bad-mouth it aren't. No biggie. Season ends the last day of February. Never March. We RARELY hunt in February. Usually cut it off early-mid January. By February a lot of bucks have shed, and too many folks will shoot them thinking they are a doe. At least in our area. I'm certainly not gonna tell other folks when I think they should kill all their deer. I'm only concerned with our place.[/QUOTEt]

It could have been if someone would have thought about the invasion to bow hunting.
    What? great white hunters with 12 power scopes can't tell a buck from a doe?
    Tell you what. I will 100% support ending MLD in October if y’all will 100% support only using archery in October only. Gun season is gun only. Whatcha think?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      I do both. I fully support rifle hunting on MLD ranches from opener of archery. I bow hunt as well. Hogs and varmints get shot all year.

There are also a LOT of hunters using suppressors. My neighbors never hear my rifles go off.

MLD is a great management tool. Mind blowing that folks argue against that. And from day 1 of joining this place I have spoke out against the elitist attitude that archers have and will continue to do so. I’m a hunter. I’m not a bow hunter or a rifle hunter. I’m a hunter. To think one is better than the other is downright wrong. Again, stick together to succeed or create division and fail.

Remember. Those gun shots across the fence aren’t always at deer.
      If you could comprehend, I'm not against MLD. I am against October gun hunting. It could just as easily been extended elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
        If you could comprehend, I'm not against MLD. I am against October gun hunting. It could just as easily been extended elsewhere.
        How?

I’ve seen bucks shed in late January. Most MLD places stop hunting before they legally have to in my experience for the most part for this reason.

Comment

How?

I’ve seen bucks shed in late January. Most MLD places stop hunting before they legally have to in my experience for the most part for this reason.
          You can't tell a buck from a doe with a scope? Well maybe you do need the extra time.

Comment

You can't tell a buck from a doe with a scope? Well maybe you do need the extra time.
            Yes I can. Can you not be in the woods without getting butt hurt that someone across the fence is using a rifle?

Comment

Yes I can. Can you not be in the woods without getting butt hurt that someone across the fence is using a rifle?
              maybe, maybe not. I just don't want to up the odds of getting shot by some trigger happy guy that thinks anything is fair game.

Comment

maybe, maybe not. I just don't want to up the odds of getting shot by some trigger happy guy that thinks anything is fair game.
                You’ve got a better chance of being shot in a parking lot. This topic has reached way out there. Been going downhill all day. Blows my mind to see grown men act this way over nothing.

Comment

So I take it since you don't bow hunt, you don't rifle hunt either? I mean, if the chance of getting shot by an mld rifle hunter in October scares you, surely general season is guaranteed death... I like peaceful bow hunting too, but you know, what I like and you like don't mean squat. MLD is legal, if you don't like it stay home, no one will care. As for me, I'll sit in my bow stand, listen to 1 or 2 guns go off, and enjoy life. Happy hunting sir
                  Last edited by jdg13; 09-21-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I’ve got a buddy and a brother that sell body armor. Holler if you need any!

Comment

Typically discussions on here the man asked if mld ruined opening day now look where we are[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

With ALL these deaths happening left and right of bowhunters being shot by lunatic gun hunters why don't we give ol' puddin' Joe a bow and send him to the woods?!!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Typically discussions on here the man asked if mld ruined opening day now look where we are[emoji1787][emoji1787]

I know you aren't surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            I know you aren't surprised
                            If there wasn't drama or asking what tire to buy, this place would be a ghost town. Now go away, we want to argue. Wait, what was the OP asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Two words.

Night shift.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                                If there wasn't drama or asking what tire to buy, this place would be a ghost town. Now go away, we want to argue. Wait, what was the OP asking?
                                My bad... my bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X