No announcement yet.

Whataburger Lampasas - Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brads is closed only because his long time cook is recovering from a surgery. Word is that he won’t open back up without him. Hopefully the guy recovers quickly.

I’m a burger lover. Eat way too many of them. Brads, Storms, Bills, WB all have one I like and are consistently good burgers. If you catch Storms when the place is not full I’m convinced there’s no better burger in town.
    They just get so overwhelmed with such little space that quality sometimes suffers. Every burger is made to order, individually thrown on the grill and cooked when you order it. Depending on how busy they are and the skill set of the kid cooking that day can make or break it for you.

If you want a normal size patty order a quarter pounder. The regular patties are thin because all the flavor stays in that glazed cooked side. That’s where the quality can be lost, the kitchen gets overwhelmed and the cook can’t get the burgers off the grill cleanly while in a hurry and they lose that glaze, resulting in a pretty tasteless patty. Sometimes they’re a little burned too.

Comment

I have tried Storms on several occasions and I have no intention of making that mistake again.

Comment

I love storms.

However, with hot fresh gizzard at Bush's why go anywhere else in Lampasas?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          I love storms.

How about the pizza hut buffet?? Pretty solid on Sunday for lunch on the way back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I love storms.

They are good that's for sure but some of us can't handle that much grease very often.
            Hard to pass when they put the Gizzard sale price out front

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
            How about the pizza hut buffet?? Pretty solid on Sunday for lunch on the way back home.
            They still have the buffet on weekends?

Comment

Brads...It was posted on the Lampasas Breaking News FB page that Brad had sold the property. I don't know if true or not. He had the best fried catfish in town along with the best burgers. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
                Brads...It was posted on the Lampasas Breaking News FB page that Brad had sold the property. I don't know if true or not. He had the best fried catfish in town along with the best burgers. JMHO
                He definitely has the best fish in town, hands down. I didn't realize there were so many people on here from the Lampasas area. Figured there were only a few of us at best.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post

Always seemed busy in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You cant realy compare local burger joints to fast food chains. If that's the case then Jake's in Dallas beats them all. They have beer too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-03-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

You know it's off-season when a thread like this is posted to begin with...much less gets 2 pages of replies!

What's next? A review of the Taco Bell in Brownwood?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                        You know it's off-season when a thread like this is posted to begin with...much less gets 2 pages of replies!

What's next? A review of the Taco Bell in Brownwood?
                        We’re hungry and it’s before lunchtime. That’s all I got. ;

Comment

I check out all the food threads. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

you got lots of places to eat in Brownwood, Lampasas not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

I can’t speak to Pizza Hut, but the girls at the Mr Gattis in Lampasas when I was in high school liked to party!

Comment

I love storms.

Wait…what?

Comment

Working...
                                X