This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Agreed as mentioned on the previous thread. I think he’s had the spot wrapped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thats what I think/hear too, but lots of people think it will be Thompson. I think Casey is good but I think Card has more upside. Changes arm angles and throws well in the run. Don’t really care but need either one to limit boneheaded plays…

Comment

2021 College Football - GAME WEEK!

Sounds like the alliance built on fear will be announced tomorrow. Also sounds like there may be some interesting scheduling twist in the announcement.

Last edited by Chad C; 08-23-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Sounds like the merger built on fear will be announced tomorrow. Also sounds like there may be some interesting scheduling twist in the announcement.

I wonder how long this merger will last. A threesome is no way to start a relationship. I think this merger crash and burns fast.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          With Texas how the QB goes is how are season will go. Should be solid on D I still don't think we have strong running game yet so it will be up to the QB and the passing game. Got to et Sark get his system going and the players to run it. A bowl game and win would be great for his 1st year.
          Running Backs are very good at Texas!!!! Run game will not be an issue for them.

Comment

Ags 11-1. Bama wins SEC against Georgia and goes undefeated with a first year QB breaking every record probably

Comment

Originally posted by GRIZZ64 View Post
              I wonder how long this merger will last. A threesome is no way to start a relationship. I think this merger crash and burns fast.

While this is about votes, ultimately. It will be about money. If they can stay in cahoots, there’s big money to be made in the OOC games.

The smoke is that the SEC will move to 9 or more conference games and the triplets will move to 8.

Comment

I think this is going to hurt the division 2 schools the most because I have a feeling they’re gonna lose out on getting paid to play the power 5 teams. The only way this alliance makes sense is if now each conference adds a game against the other two conferences. Ie: they now play 11 games from teams in the alliance. That could actually build some STRONG resumes for the CFP expansion.

Depending on what this alliance is I also think the SEC will try to get Clemson and a Florida school(FSU or Miami) from the ACC.

It could get pretty western pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  I think this is going to hurt the division 2 schools the most because I have a feeling they’re gonna lose out on getting paid to play the power 5 teams. The only way this alliance makes sense is if now each conference adds a game against the other two conferences. Ie: they now play 11 games from teams in the alliance. That could actually build some STRONG resumes for the CFP expansion.

Depending on what this alliance is I also think the SEC will try to get Clemson and a Florida school(FSU or Miami) from the ACC.

It could get pretty western pretty fast.

I don’t think the SEC looks to the ACC or anyone else at this juncture. The ACC GOR is not up until 2036…

Comment

I don’t think the SEC looks to the ACC or anyone else at this juncture. The ACC GOR is not up until 2036…

Yeah but this alliance, if it’s a substantial move, means that lots of contracts will be renegotiated. And I’d be shocked if there wasn’t some kind of clause that lessened(or even eliminated) penalties for leaving the conference in the event of a re-alignment.

We should find out soon enough.

Comment

Comment

2021 College Football - GAME WEEK!

Yeah but this alliance, if it’s a substantial move, means that lots of contracts will be renegotiated. And I’d be shocked if there wasn’t some kind of clause that lessened(or even eliminated) penalties for leaving the conference in the event of a re-alignment.

We should find out soon enough.

This won’t change any conference deals. This is a voting alliance to counter playoff expansion and increase revenues via OOC scheduling, IMHO.

They’re worried the SEC would get a ratio of 3 of 8 or 5 of 12 in an expanded playoff.

Comment

This won’t change any conference deals. This is a voting alliance to counter playoff expansion and increase revenues via OOC scheduling, IMHO.

They’re worried the SEC would get a ratio of 3 of 8 or 5 of 12 in an expanded playoff.

It’ll change the TV deals if now they’re playing 11 of 12 regular season games against P5 instead 9 of 12. No way the conferences won’t make the networks re-negotiate if that’s what comes of it.

Comment

It’ll change the TV deals if now they’re playing 11 of 12 regular season games against P5 instead 9 of 12. No way the conferences won’t make the networks re-negotiate if that’s what comes of it.

The Big 10 may find a way to capitalize on this thought. The ACC is locked in until 2036.

Comment

The conferences have no leverage against the networks. This might effect their next deal, but it won’t effect the current one.

Comment

I'm skeptical of this Alliance ever amounting to anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X