Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021 College Football - GAME WEEK!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mond is doing OK at the next level I think.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
      I don’t think anyone really believes that LSU whiffed at QB. Obviously there would be attrition with replacing Burrow, that’s expected. But the QB room got hit with injuries. I don’t consider that a miss on recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You are correct - I didn't mean whiffed as bad recruiting - just that it was a problem last year.

Probably could have chosen a better word.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        Mond was a very small hole to fill! Literally kick a little dirt in and she's good to go From what I've read/heard oline should be pretty solid.
        That really did make me laugh.

I keep hearing how bad he was (and I agree), but how is it King didn't replace him last year? Do you Aggies really think King is the guy? He may well be. I have no idea.

Comment

OK doesn't beat Alabama, Georgia, and win CFP games

He did fewer targets last year, I'll give him that, I was just never impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            I don’t think anyone really believes that LSU whiffed at QB. Obviously there would be attrition with replacing Burrow, that’s expected. But the QB room got hit with injuries. I don’t consider that a miss on recruiting.

Exactly, the LSU qb room is pretty stacked right now. Brennan was a good qb last year until he got hurt. TJ Finley wasn't the right fit but he was also very young and very well may end up being a starter at Auburn since he transferred. Max Johnson played well for a true freshmen and will improve a lot this year. Garret Nusmeier has been awesome in scrimmages which I know is only practice but coaches have raved about him then LSU has the #1 qb in the country committed for next year. LSU has no Burrow on the team but it's been a long time since they've had this much depth.

Comment

The Bear from Game Day has Texas at 8-4, 5-4 in Big 12. Hard to argue against this prediction until they can prove otherwise on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                The Bear from Game Day has Texas at 8-4, 5-4 in Big 12. Hard to argue against this prediction until they can prove otherwise on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He definitely has his ear to the ground for CFB. Hard to find anyone more knowledgeable about what’s going on at programs currently. I love seeing them try to stump him with random questions every Saturday morning. I believe there was one day that he named every FBS team and their current head coach off the top of his head.

Comment

8-4 is probably more realistic but it doesn't jump-start the thread the way my comment did. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I predict the Ags to beat Bama in an old fashioned barn burner @ Kyle. It will be the apex of the season followed by a heartbreaking loss to LSU in Death Valley.

King, Coach's son with a high football IQ and a year learning in Jimbo's system. Clearly has the athletic ability and a big arm too, will be an immediate upgrade from Mond but comes with first year QB boneheaded mistakes. I won't fault him too much as I want to see some electricity, not the same old safe ground and pound form last season.

Spiller and Achane will be on of the most dynamic 1-2 punches in CFB and rush for 200+ and 2+ TD's per game. If we find the down field threat (Chap/Demas) I expect balance to be advantageous for slight tilt in close games offensively.

Defense will be one of the best in CFB and I believe tops in the SEC. Elko is a wizard and has the D line talent his scheme requires backed up by a veteran secondary (FINALLY!) ....but I always maintain doubt for aggie DB's...even since the big 12 days we love to give up the deep ball....please don't prove me right...

Special teams will be consistent from '20 and I hope we give Ainias and Achane the chance to return some kicks, they are special talents we shouldn't waste.

Youth on the O-line is worrisome but a lot of talent to put on the field. If this group gels the drop off will be insignificant. Don't expect a <10 sack season tho

Ags go to the SECC and play Florida in a close win. UGA gonna drop week 1 and UF as well, they miss the CFB.

Ags and Bama make it to the final Four and Ags take home a W over Clemson and a Natty rematch with Bama, we lose it by two scores and sulk for a year but there is hope for a future with a dugout full of young talent and Elko remaining on staff for ONE MORE YEAR!

Might as well write for SI or The Athletic...

ac

Comment

I think Texas goes 9-3. I think they win one against OU/Iowa State, and then lose a couple with a young quarterback somewhere along the way.

As said earlier, for some reason I just can’t buy into Georgia. Sometimes Kirby Smart manages the game about like Tom Herman did.

Aggies and OU should both be in the hunt for a playoff spot by seasons end.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                        10-2 for the Aggies would be a disappointment this year, for me any way.
                        I may be in the minority but I'm glad Mond is gone. The deer in the head lights, missed reads, inaccurate long range passes I can live without. Last year was pretty cool, but how great would it be to have King coming in with at least some real game experience?
                        King should have the accuracy to stretch the field - and that opens the run game - and that burns the clock - and that keeps the very good Aggie defense fresh on the sideline. Remember the 4th quarter Sumlin defenses? Completely gassed and couldn't stop anybody.

Hard to predict a W over Alabama in any year, but if it's going to happen this year looks pretty good.

Playing LSU in November is a complete unknown right now. They could be a 50/50 team or undefeated come Thanksgiving. They have ridiculous talent. Their drop off in 2020 wasn't just players (they whiffed at QB) but mostly the loss of the coaches that put 2019 together. So right now we won't know what we're walking into.
                        Arkansas will win some games they aren't expected to win. They always play the Aggies tough, so hopefully they don't shock anybody that weekend. I think they give Texas all they can handle and maybe more. Their DC good and both Texas and TAMU are breaking in new QBs.

Ole Miss - if they get anything even close to resembling a defense they are going to be dangerous. They put up around 45 pts per game last year - they can score. To beat them the defense has to be spectacular (Aggie D is looking that way) and/or you have to have an offense to match. Jimbo's ball control offense could work to keep them off the field, but it can't be the only thing that wins that game

Miss State - Mike Leach has the abilities, does he have the athletes? Never overlook the pirate.

Auburn has a great QB and RB combo. They have talent. What is Harsin going to do with it on the biggest stage? The expectations EVERY YEAR for the Auburn coach are to beat Alabama. He’s already on the hot seat and hasn’t coached a game yet.
                        Georgia has all the talent in the world but Smart has never utilized it the way Dabo and Saban. They wouldn't have beaten us last time if the ref's would have called the game worth a C*RAP. I think if the Aggies can beat Alabama and LSU, then we can beat Georgia.

BUT - Don't overlook Kentucky. They have a great running game and defense - if they can stay healthy they might not be out of the conversation for the east.

Bonus if you actually read any of this this. I took a spot on our local AM radio station on Wednesdays from 8-9am for CFB discussion. Tune in on your computer Sports Radio Corpus Christi 1230AM – I did my second week yesterday and it is a ton of fun.

I'm so ready for CFB

Excellent. I’ll have to tune in to your radio spot.

Comment

2021 College Football - GAME WEEK!

I have struggled with this prediction but might as well lay it out. I predict the Ags will go 10-2. They go back to another NY6 bowl and win that. I think the game against Bama will be fantastic but I predict we drop that game in late fashion after a frantic comeback. Nicky isn’t ready to relinquish his grip on the SEC West.

In addition to a loss to Bama, I think the Ags drop one more game to either Ole Miss or LSU. The only thing holding me back from 11-1 is a new QB (who has a high ceiling but will make some mistakes) and turnover on the OL. That senior heavy OL we had last year was tremendous.

On a plus note, our defense will be strong enough to give us a chance at winning every game. Our RB’s are going to be electric. Our TE is going to make himself a lot of money in the next NFL draft. This should be a great season to be back in Kyle Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                            I have struggled with this prediction but might as well lay it out. I predict the Ags will go 10-2. They go back to another NY6 bowl and win that. I think the game against Bama will be fantastic but I predict we drop that game in late fashion after a frantic comeback. Nicky isn’t ready to relinquish his grip on the SEC West.

In addition to a loss to Bama, I think the Ags drop one more game to either Ole Miss or LSU. The only thing holding me back from 11-1 is a new QB (who has a high ceiling but will make some mistakes) and turnover on the OL. That senior heavy OL we had last year was tremendous.

On a plus note, our defense will be strong enough to give us a chance at winning every game. Our RB’s are going to be electric. Our TE is going to make himself a lot of money in the next NFL draft. This should be a great season to be back in Kyle Field.

Hopefully we don't need a vax card

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                              Hopefully we don't need a vax card

ac

I’ve got one. Just hope we don’t need a mask!

Comment

Was unsure about this when they started building it but looks cool here. Will have to see it in person.

I think Texas is 9-3 this year with more of a target on them than normal.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X