No announcement yet.

Jehovah's Witness question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these religions were born or created way back when all forms of drugs were legal. Even the American Indian had visions. Probably from the nightshade plants and shrooms they ate.

Comment

No vampire JW

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      They also can't get blood transfusions. I forget the reason behind that.

I don't really ever go to the hospital so I could get behind that religion where you don't go to the hospital at all. I bet those people save a ton of money. I bet they also die more often than people in other religions. Excluding the hardcore Muslims that follow Allah's rules.....because uhhh.....well.....you know.
      “” Jehovah's Witnesses believe that a human must not sustain his life with another creature's blood, and they recognize no distinction "between taking blood into the mouth and taking it into the blood vessels." It is their deep-seated religious conviction that Jehovah will turn his back on anyone who receives blood “”

Comment

They also can't get blood transfusions. I forget the reason behind that.

I don't really ever go to the hospital so I could get behind that religion where you don't go to the hospital at all. I bet those people save a ton of money. I bet they also die more often than people in other religions. Excluding the hardcore Muslims that follow Allah's rules.....because uhhh.....well.....you know.
        Wife watched a mother die after giving birth, doctor screaming at the family/husband to authorize blood, screaming, nobody budged. She said husband was starting to cave and a bunch of people from their group rallied in "support" and he held strong.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
          It amazes me how much JW miss information is on here.I was married to one for 20 years and if there is any one group that lives by Bible teaching and standards it’s JWs.So many main stream churches can’t get the basics right like who to even pray to or use Gods name.They want to celebrate deeply pagan customs and holidays and try to sanction it by the church and try and push nationalism as some kind of Christian belief.I have friends from all kinds of religions and there great faithful people but most can’t give me scripture backing for their belief for they can only quote onerous 2.There will be multitudes resurrected from the dead but the 144,000 is a sealed number for a special purpose.Revelation speaks of a multitude of folks before the throne but it doesn’t say there actually in heaven. Passing out WatchTowere won’t get you salvation but actively preaching and teaching is a part of a true Christians life.I for the life of me can’t understand why there aren’t more churches that don’t promote this and actively and perpetually engage in the preaching work.A cult is a group that follows a man or false belief system JWs as a group study the Bible through and through every week and use it as a mirror and a magnifying glass on there beliefs and personality’s.Evey time I’ve ever been to there meetings I was surprised at the biblical basis for all there teaching and not just English wording but deep research on the Hebrew and Greek wording of the original writings.Do they have it all correct, no way but they do there best to apply and examine every scripture and rely on grace and mercy to fill in the gaps.
          I don't know much about what the JW believe but here's what I do know. They used to come to my house all the time. At least once a month. I would always tell them I attend church and thanks for stopping. One day they stopped by and there were 4 of them. They asked if they could come in and discuss the Bible with me. I told them that would be awesome and specifically I'd like to talk to them about Jesus. They literally almost ran over each other trying to leave. Said they forgot they had somewhere to be. That was about 5 years ago and I haven't seen them since. They may teach the Bible cover to cover word for word but if they don't know who Jesus is they literally missed the point. Maybe you can tell me... who do they say Jesus is?

Comment

Interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Wife watched a mother die after giving birth, doctor screaming at the family/husband to authorize blood, screaming, nobody budged. She said husband was starting to cave and a bunch of people from their group rallied in "support" and he held strong.
              That is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                I have the same issue with said seriel killer/rapiat being saved and going to heaven but a good honest person going to hell because they might not belive the bible.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                There no such thing as a "good honest person". The Bible says so. If it were possible to be "good" there would be no need for a Savior. That's what Jesus did for us and his sacrifice covers ALL sins if the sinner accepts the gift. GOD can not look at sin. Every person sins every day. It's not our place to decide which sins are ok and which are not. Sin is sin in the eyes of GOD. Thank you Jesus for the sacrifice that allows me to stand before GOD as if I never sinned.

Comment

So I know a few Jehovah's Witnesses and just yesterday got on the topic of death somehow and one guy I know told me what will happen after death. Which isn't anything like what I grew up hearing from a religious standpoint. So they believe every person doesn't go to heaven or hell. That they'll raise from the dead in a new body correct? From the way he explained it everyone will be the same person in a different body.

After thinking about it I don't know if I can get on board with that. So does that apply for everyone, good or bad? There are some people throughout history I really don't want to meet in the afterlife if I can be completely honest.

Not trying to start a debate. Just trying to see things from someone else's point of view.

I guess where I'm really confused is why go to church and believe in something if we're all going to end up in the same place in the end?
                  I think they call that a "do over."

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    I don't know much about what the JW believe but here's what I do know. They used to come to my house all the time. At least once a month. I would always tell them I attend church and thanks for stopping. One day they stopped by and there were 4 of them. They asked if they could come in and discuss the Bible with me. I told them that would be awesome and specifically I'd like to talk to them about Jesus. They literally almost ran over each other trying to leave. Said they forgot they had somewhere to be. That was about 5 years ago and I haven't seen them since. They may teach the Bible cover to cover word for word but if they don't know who Jesus is they literally missed the point. Maybe you can tell me... who do they say Jesus is?
                    Well sir it sounds like the people that came to your house were not in fact JW they don’t ever go 4 to a door and they will talk all day about Jesus.The command Jesus gave at Matthew 29:19 is why they go door to door. As for their thoughts on Jesus the usually base it on the gospel of what Jesus himself said at John 17:1-5 Jesus said he was the son of God at Mat 3:16+17 Jehovah God himself publicly announced Jesus as his son at his baptism.John 20:17 Jesus again called Jehovah his father and his God John 14 multiple times Jesus professed Jehovah as his father and that Jehovah is almighty. My ex and every JW I ever met firmly believes Jesus is son of God and savior and that belief and faith in Jesus shed blood is the only means of salvation.I have never heard a JW say anything but these quotes from the Bible and other scriptures too,I just can’t remember em all.I do remember 1 John 4th chapter repeats some of gospel that firms up their belief.When I learn how they felt and their basis for it I was relieved I had heard a bunch of misinformation too.

Comment

Well sir it sounds like the people that came to your house were not in fact JW they don’t ever go 4 to a door and they will talk all day about Jesus.The command Jesus gave at Matthew 29:19 is why they go door to door. As for their thoughts on Jesus the usually base it on the gospel of what Jesus himself said at John 17:1-5 Jesus said he was the son of God at Mat 3:16+17 Jehovah God himself publicly announced Jesus as his son at his baptism.John 20:17 Jesus again called Jehovah his father and his God John 14 multiple times Jesus professed Jehovah as his father and that Jehovah is almighty. My ex and every JW I ever met firmly believes Jesus is son of God and savior and that belief and faith in Jesus shed blood is the only means of salvation.I have never heard a JW say anything but these quotes from the Bible and other scriptures too,I just can’t remember em all.I do remember 1 John 4th chapter repeats some of gospel that firms up their belief.When I learn how they felt and their basis for it I was relieved I had heard a bunch of misinformation too.

They sure said they were JW. 2 came to the door and 2 stood back. I got the impression they were in training or something. I wonder why they high tailed it when I invited them in to talk about Jesus? Now I want some to come back by to verify what you’re saying. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        I think they call that a "do over."
                        Kinda like a video game. "Restart"

That'd be cool.

Comment

Lots of misinformation in this thread, yours is closest to what I know to be the truth about Jehovah’s Witnesses. Some of what I’ve read here is laughable at best. Reminds of the old saying about keeping your mouth closed and being thought a fool, or opening it and removing all doubt……..

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            I asked one of the Jehovah Witnesses I know and instead of going into in depth detail he said "We believe he was a pretty good guy for a lack of better terms." So they believe Jesus was a real guy but not who they pray to.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              What is the name of that religion? I was trying to remember but I can't remember exactly what that is.

My uncle works with a guy that's a part of that religion. He got kicked in the nads by a horse when he was a kid and it jacked him up for life. I don't think I could allow someone I care about to be in pain and not take them to the doctor. I know I couldn't. That's awful.

Comment

JWs have their own bible translation they use, the New World Translation. This translation changes or alters important Bible verses that have always made it known tha Jesus was God, one of the 3 persons in the Trinity. For example, John 1:1 in the King James Version states "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1 in the JW version states “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.”

The JWs changed this scripture and others in their translation to remove any validation that Jesus is God. In John 1:1 the Word (Jesus) was with God and the Word was God, with a capital "G." The JWs altered this scripture to say the Word (Jesus) was "a god," with a little "g."

I have no doubt that JWs are "good" people, I just personally believe they have been deceived by their leadership, and that their Bible translation has altered critical verses which help support their flawed belief system when compared to both traditional Protestant and Catholic teachings regarding the Deity of Christ and the Trinity.

Comment

Working...
                                X