Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Jehovah's Witness question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
    I believe our subconscious, whether dreams or awake, is connected to our conscious. If we train our conscious in obedience our subconscious will eventually follow.
    I'm not saying any of us can or will ever lead a sin free life til death. But I do believe it is possible because Jesus did it and showed us the way. We don't because of free will and choice. Those belong to us and is where our sin originates. It is not some mysterious force that comes from somewhere out in the universe. I will never say that sin is forced on me by some outside entity. It is offered by one. His name is satan. I must choose that sin offering and I have and most likely will again. I ask forgiveness because it was me that fell. Otherwise, I would say satan should do the asking. We sin because we desire to sin. It's our nature. It's a choice to follow our nature. It's like saying it's in my nature to love the taste of steak and always want to eat it so it's impossible for me to not eat steak. That would not be true. I could go the rest of my life without eating steak, but I won't because it's my desire to eat it. God forgives us because He knows we are in a fight and a battle with our own nature and desire. But All things are possible through Him. Sin free life for any of us? Possible yes, probable, no.
    Thakfully, Jesus has that covered.

On a side note, why does the auto correct on my fon want to capitalize the name satan? I know it's a name but still I don't want it capitalized!![emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    I have to correct my previous statement of:
    Sin free life for any of us? Possible yes, probable, no

A sin free life is impossible because we have already sinned.
    Continuing to choose sin is our choice. Not choosing it now is possible.

Comment

I held off even opening this thread because I "KNEW" where it would head... Sure am glad I finally decided to open it! What a great discussion and sure not what I expected! Satan sure don't like seeing discussions like this! He loses every time this kind of thing happens and that is a GOOD thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
        I believe our subconscious, whether dreams or awake, is connected to our conscious. If we train our conscious in obedience our subconscious will eventually follow.
        I'm not saying any of us can or will ever lead a sin free life til death. But I do believe it is possible because Jesus did it and showed us the way. We don't because of free will and choice. Those belong to us and is where our sin originates. It is not some mysterious force that comes from somewhere out in the universe. I will never say that sin is forced on me by some outside entity. It is offered by one. His name is satan. I must choose that sin offering and I have and most likely will again. I ask forgiveness because it was me that fell. Otherwise, I would say satan should do the asking. We sin because we desire to sin. It's our nature. It's a choice to follow our nature. It's like saying it's in my nature to love the taste of steak and always want to eat it so it's impossible for me to not eat steak. That would not be true. I could go the rest of my life without eating steak, but I won't because it's my desire to eat it. God forgives us because He knows we are in a fight and a battle with our own nature and desire. But All things are possible through Him. Sin free life for any of us? Possible yes, probable, no.
        Thakfully, Jesus has that covered.

On a side note, why does the auto correct on my fon want to capitalize the name satan? I know it's a name but still I don't want it capitalized!![emoji854]

1 Peter 1

14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” a

I agree. I don't think he would of given us this command if it wasn't possible! However, it is etremely hard to do!!

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
          Christian scientist don’t believe in medical care
          Oh yeah. That's what I was thinking of.

How about the snake handling guys that believe God tells them to take up serpents? Those guys are cool. Drinking poison.....ehhh.....nah not really. That part of it I wouldn't like so much. Bet it taste nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
            1 Peter 1

14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” a

I agree. I don't think he would of given us this command if it wasn't possible! However, it is etremely hard to do!!
            Yes. I believe we must stand in the possible to achieve the impossible. Our greatest strength comes from knowing our God gives us everything we need to defeat sin. Each sin is an individual choice and must be dealt with on an individual basis. We must recognize our ability to make righteous choices or we fail before we even try.
            It would be impossible for me to run a marathon in my current state but if I train and do the things I need to do to get in the right shape it would be possible. Knowing it's possible and being willing to sacrifice my desires for the things that would stop me gives me my greatest advantage toward success.
            We see and experience our life in a linear state of time. God doesn't see our life that way. He sees it in a whole and complete state. We see sin as evolutionary in our lives. When we accept Christ and ask forgiveness for our sin, it is forgotten and God only sees the good, sinless life. So it is possible thru God's eyes for us to live without sin. I want as much of my life that I can muster to be what God sees without that sin. Knowing that it is possible to live without sin gives me the greatest advantage of making that happen.
            I understand what most are trying to say is that we can't and won't live without sin in our lives and I agree. I just don't believe it's because it's not possible. I believe it's because we won't choose it. We choose our nature and desire. Jesus, the man, chose to be without sin. It is possible. He proved it was and then died for our sins because He knew, through the experience of life as a man, what we were up against.

Last edited by rolylane6; 08-14-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              I held off even opening this thread because I "KNEW" where it would head... Sure am glad I finally decided to open it! What a great discussion and sure not what I expected! Satan sure don't like seeing discussions like this! He loses every time this kind of thing happens and that is a GOOD thing!!
              Amen to that!

Comment

Working...
              X