No announcement yet.

Tent camping in the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was younger we camped a lot in the summer time. The best way to be comfortable is to not be in a tent, sleep in a hammock or cot out in the open or something that doesn't trap any heat or block any breeze.

Comment

I enjoy camping, but not in Texas. My husband thinks it would be ‘fun’ to take our 5yo daughter camping. Like, now, in August. I can see it now, we’ll go, and one or more of us won’t come back because the other one SSS. Never in a million years would I put ‘fun’ and ‘camping in August’ in the same sentence. I’m going to let him read this thread, lol.

Comment

Oh lord I have spent many days living in a tent setting up hunting camps in south Texas
        Never again, April- September in Texas are just to miserable, even spending the summer at Boy Scout camp living in old army GP tents, gladly I would spend some $$$ on a el cheapo
        Trailer with a a/c if I had to repeat history

Comment

I’m with the group on this one . Trek north and west about 12-15 hours where it’s comfortable. We just got back from Creede CO last weekend ….. 70’s during the day 45-55 at night. Was very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by DWV015; 08-05-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]1057969[/ATTACH]

Comment

I've done it, just drink a lot of beer

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                Your A/C will be fine if you can rig it to work with the tent and be sealed to keep skeeters out. It will basically run non stop but will work if blowing across you. As far as insulating, they make large insulated space type blankets that you can put around the tent that will help a little. If the tent can support the weight which it probably can.

THIS is good as long as you have electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                  [ATTACH]1057969[/ATTACH]
                  Good looking Yota in the back!!!

Comment

muy Caliente, for Camping right now.... hold off, or suffer through it if you must

Comment

I think I’ve camped in Texas 4-5 times already this summer, and going again next weekend. Also spent a few nights camping in Idaho and Montana a few weeks ago. Other than the early morning hours I haven’t noticed much difference, but this year has been incredibly hot for up north.

Comment

camping on the beach with a breeze isn't too bad if you get drunk enough, but you'll sweet yourself awake the second the sun sees that tent

I'd suggest heading to Cloudcroft, NW its pretty cool in the summer for camping.

Comment

My suggestion would be an insulated ice fishing hut. AC run into it. Useful for summer and when it’s cold. Not too useful in between

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                            My suggestion would be an insulated ice fishing hut. AC run into it. Useful for summer and when it’s cold. Not too useful in between
                            Found a youtube video and that is what the guy used to camp in.

Comment

man lots of wimps on here that wont camp in texas during the summer. back when i was growing up thats the only thing we did fishing and hunting, no fancy campers or lodges

Comment

Konnor and I spent last weekend (3 nights) at a scout camp in Navasota. Heat index during the day got up to 109. It was camping, it wasn't the best sleep I've had, but Konnor loved it.

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X