No announcement yet.

Tent camping in the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I camped 2 weeks ago with my boys near Sulphur Springs. I slept in a hammock, and the boys slept in a tent. It was at the upper end of my camping limits, hard to fall asleep at night but the mornings felt pretty good. I agree that air flow is key to sleeping well.

Comment

Just need to drink a LOT of bourbon and you can "fall asleep" anywhere.....or so i've heard....

Comment

Originally posted by DaleGribble View Post
        man lots of wimps on here that wont camp in texas during the summer. back when i was growing up thats the only thing we did fishing and hunting, no fancy campers or lodges
        Key phrase was "back when I was growing up". When I was a kid I also went barefoot all the time and walked down gravel roads barefoot. Would I, could I, do that today? He[[ no! LOL

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I camped out again this weekend in Palo Pinto County. I snagged a new Milwaukee 18V fan last week to try out. That thing is a gamechanger. On the lowest setting running a 5.0 battery it barely used half a charge over 2 full nights, and low was more than enough to keep me cool. Medium setting woulve made it too cool IMO. Best $79 ive spent on camping gear.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I camped out again this weekend in Palo Pinto County. I snagged a new Milwaukee 18V fan last week to try out. That thing is a gamechanger. On the lowest setting running a 5.0 battery it barely used half a charge over 2 full nights, and low was more than enough to keep me cool. Medium setting woulve made it too cool IMO. Best $79 ive spent on camping gear.
            Gonna have to look at those !

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              Gonna have to look at those !
              They look like a great early deer season necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                They look like a great early deer season necessity.
                Yep. I can imagine theyd be worth every penny in the deer blind as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  “But how does one insulate the tent?” You serious, Clark?
                  RV is best answer I can think of

Comment

Working...
                  X