No announcement yet.

Tent camping in the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta drink enough passing out while it's a little warm don't bother you.

Comment

Your A/C will be fine if you can rig it to work with the tent and be sealed to keep skeeters out. It will basically run non stop but will work if blowing across you. As far as insulating, they make large insulated space type blankets that you can put around the tent that will help a little. If the tent can support the weight which it probably can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No way, no how would I even think about tent camping anywhere in Texas from about April through October.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tents heat and cool very well, they just don’t retain it when you shut them off.

Comment

Tent camp Nov 1st to May first in Texas.

Otherwise buy a small RV or go somewhere it is cooler

I don't need to camp so if I can't be cool while sleeping then forget it.

If it becomes a necessity then I will deal with it

Comment

We used to put on a cotton t shirt and cotton shorts then get wet and sleep on top of the sleeping bag with a 12 volt fan blowing air right on us, we slept great because the evaporation with the fan kept us cool. about 2am we would then get into the sleeping bag because we were cold

Comment

a portable A/C will work for you just fine. keep it running. seal your flex hose around the tent. in fact since it runs all night and the temp falls you can freeze your brass blls by morning sometimes

Comment

I like sleeping in my truck with the AC on soaking shark baits during summer.
                  I’ve done the summer tent thing but I don’t recommend it.
                  Big bend ranch in July in a tent, that was a night to remember and the morning pee was dehydrated yellow.

Comment

I recently saw a pretty good idea on youtube and it seemed to work very well. A guy purchased a pop up insulated ice fishing tent and used it as his tent. the insulation kept the interior nice and retained the coolness. Might give it a look.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

A window unit will work good in a tent surprisingly. You’ll be drawing covers in early morning.

Comment

I have and do camp any time of the year. If you have a portable ac. You can leave it on when your in the tent and it will keep it comfortable enough to stay/sleep in.

Durring the Texas summer without the ac I basically have all the windows down at night and sleep in the least amount of clothes possible. Will still have the sleeping bag but only a sheet over the top of me. Also if at all possible put the tent where it will catch the most amount of wind/air flow.

Comment

Tent camping in the summer

NO EFFING WAY.

If there isn’t a king sized bed, cold AC, a shower, satellite TV, and a real crapper I ain’t leaving the house. I did all that crap when I was younger and when I was in the Corps.

I’m too old and make too much money to rough it now. I’ll never forget the time I came home on leave after my first deployment to the ‘Stan. My buddies wanted us all to go to the lake camping. I can’t post on TBH what I told them.

I’m a Marriot or an AirBnB guy now. I need AC blowing on my boys at night !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We stayed in a yurt with a/c in June in bandera. Not very comfortable even then. I can’t imagine doing that in September… maybe end of October

Comment

I camp in Texas year round. I will not ground tent camp in the summer though. I either hammock camp or camp in my roof top tent. Preferably the RTT. You’d be amazed how much cooler it is 7’ off the ground. It’s not really the temperature but the airflow. Much better airflow keeps you a lot more comfortable. Hammock camping is bearable most nights. I’ll ground tent it in the winter.

Comment

Lots of youtube videos on how to put a AC in a tent.

Comment

Working...
                                X