Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Fall Camps Open!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggies and Horns going head to head for Bryce Anderson with an expected commitment date this Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
      Aggies and Horns going head to head for Bryce Anderson with an expected commitment date this Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he’s already notified the Ags that he’s coming. Jimbo is going to take all of Sarks cornbread this cycle, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Chad C; 08-04-2021, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        I think he’s already notified the Ags that he’s coming. Jimbo is going to take all of Sarks cornbread this cycle, IMHO.

Embarrassing to lose this guy.

My buddies are telling me the coaching staff is in a “waiting to prove it on the field” attitude and show the kids the turn around instead of just talking about it. That’s a bold strategy and sounds terrible to me.

The only positive is the staff does feel they will be good this year. Hopefully they aren’t to far behind if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Embarrassing to lose this guy.

My buddies are telling me the coaching staff is in a “waiting to prove it on the field” attitude and show the kids the turn around instead of just talking about it. That’s a bold strategy and sounds terrible to me.

The only positive is the staff does feel they will be good this year. Hopefully they aren’t to far behind if that happens.
          I think if im a recruit and those are my final 2 schools, and i like them both evenly, how does A&M not overwhelmingly get the nod? Established coach who has/is turning things around and has Aggies poised as a solid contender for upcoming season. Versus New Head coach and uncertainty at UT in what's seemed like a revolving door for new head coaches over the last 15 years. As of this moment, seems like an easy choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            I think if im a recruit and those are my final 2 schools, and i like them both evenly, how does A&M not overwhelmingly get the nod? Established coach who has/is turning things around and has Aggies poised as a solid contender for upcoming season. Versus New Head coach and uncertainty at UT in what's seemed like a revolving door for new head coaches over the last 15 years. As of this moment, seems like an easy choice.
            I agree, expect it is still the University of Texas at Austin and no matter what has happened over the last 10 years that still carries weight from an athletic and academic stand point.

It is on Texas to change the narrative by their play on the field and being consistent with their staff.

Comment

I agree, expect it is still the University of Texas at Austin and no matter what has happened over the last 10 years that still carries weight from an athletic and academic stand point.

It is on Texas to change the narrative by their play on the field and being consistent with their staff.
              Did you mean to say except?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Nah. We'll take the 4 automatic wins because we gotta face the gauntlet. Vandy. SC. Ole Miss. Mississippi State.

That's 8 wins. Lol. The SEC way.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well there is no Maryland or BYU on the schedule....Can't wait to read this thread in a few years. State was a very good football team under Mullin. Now with Leach, the jury is out on what is going to happen there.

Ole Miss is very dangerous with Kiffen and before him were a very good team with Ol' preacher man that is at Liberty University now.

Vandy is awful.

South Carolina is a lot like Arkansas now. Some talent but overall not enough to be more than an 8 win team at best at this point. I do believe Arkansas has a good coach that will have them playing to best of their ability so you have to be ready for them. Hogs were good under Petrino so they can be good again with the right coach

Comment

Haha dude, hate to break it to you but Texas A&M carries just as much weight these days. This notion that the University of Texas holds way more merit bc it's UT simply isnt the case.

Comment

Jimbo should finish 2022 class with the best class we have ever had, barring some season meltdown collapse.

Look at the DL alone, we may be turning away high 4* talent type of guys. If we take 5...

DE - Sylla (High 4*) - Committed
                    DT - Scarrlett (3*) - Committed

3 Spots Remain for:

5* DE - Stewart
                    5* DE - Abor
                    High 4* DE - White
                    4* DE - Cooper
                    5* DT - Bear Alexander
                    5* DT - Dindy
                    5* DT - Nolen
                    High 4* DT - Lucas
                    4* DT - Bledsoe
                    Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-04-2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                      Well there is no Maryland or BYU on the schedule....Can't wait to read this thread in a few years. State was a very good football team under Mullin. Now with Leach, the jury is out on what is going to happen there.

Ole Miss is very dangerous with Kiffen and before him were a very good team with Ol' preacher man that is at Liberty University now.

Vandy is awful.

South Carolina is a lot like Arkansas now. Some talent but overall not enough to be more than an 8 win team at best at this point. I do believe Arkansas has a good coach that will have them playing to best of their ability so you have to be ready for them. Hogs were good under Petrino so they can be good again with the right coach
                      Hoping this coaching staff is the right one. It certainly is better on paper. The talent is there. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        Haha dude, hate to break it to you but Texas A&M carries just as much weight these days. This notion that the University of Texas holds way more merit bc it's UT simply isnt the case.
                        Very recent history dictates that the brand and worth is still a hell of alot bigger.

Does that mean anything to 18 year olds? Who knows. Probably not. A&M definately has the more proven HC.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                          Jimbo should finish 2022 class with the best class we have ever had, barring some season meltdown collapse.

Look at the DL alone, we may be turning away high 4* talent type of guys. If we take 5...

DE - Sylla (High 4*) - Committed
                          DT - Scarrlett (3*) - Committed

3 Spots Remain for:

5* DE - Stewart
                          5* DE - Abor
                          High 4* DE - White
                          4* DE - Cooper
                          5* DT - Bear Alexander
                          5* DT - Dindy
                          5* DT - Nolen
                          High 4* DT - Lucas
                          4* DT - Bledsoe

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            The timing of all this could be awesome for us or it could be terrible. It is 100% on us to determine the future of our program. Jimbo is a brilliant coach and he will use the momentum/motivation of this "situation" with UT and OK coming to the SEC to push our boys to play their butts off and win..... This may be the most important season our program has ever had! If we want to establish ourselves as the premiere program in Texas we have to win this year. That will continue to give us a recruiting advantage with the kids staying in Texas. If we lose and open the door for UT and OK to pick up future prospects we hand them our future.... I sure hope one of these young qb's steps up and has one heck of a year!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post

Vandy is awful.

I think you need to go back and look at Dan Mullen's record........

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Very recent history dictates that the brand and worth is still a hell of alot bigger.

Does that mean anything to 18 year olds? Who knows. Probably not. A&M definately has the more proven HC.
                                Bob, I think you’re correct here, in part. When the Ags and Horns played every year it was a huge factor in their decision making process. The Texas brand is big, can’t argue that….but I also believe there’s a “what have you done lately” mind set with a lot of these kids today. The last time we played each other, these recruits were 6-7-8 tears old, so these future games will be big.

The gap has narrowed.

Comment

Working...
                                X