Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Fall Camps Open!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    To the 8 left behind. Please explain why you are mad at UT? What weight have you pulled in the conference? OU and UT have done the heavy lifting since the beginning.

OU averaged 3.7 M viewers in all games on 2020

Texas averaged 3.2M/game.
    I got this off a Big 12 stats blog. Average TV viewership when not playing Texas or OU:

OK State 1,553,857
    West Va. 1,234,857
    Iowa State 1,210,000
    K State 1,181,286
    T Tech 981,000
    TCU 835,286
    Baylor 720,021
    Kansas 569,833

Size of student body and number of alumni has as much to do with viewership numbers as strength of the program. For example there are probably more UT and Tech grads just in DFW than have graduated from TCU in its entire history.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I got this off a Big 12 stats blog. Average TV viewership when not playing Texas or OU:

OK State 1,553,857
      West Va. 1,234,857
      Iowa State 1,210,000
      K State 1,181,286
      T Tech 981,000
      TCU 835,286
      Baylor 720,021
      Kansas 569,833

Size of student body and number of alumni has as much to do with viewership numbers as strength of the program. For example there are probably more UT and Tech grads just in DFW than have graduated from TCU in its entire history.
      These numbers make more sense to me. I have a soft spot for OSU. My father and both brothers went there (mother is a Sooner). I was the black sheep that went south but I have always loved that campus. They have a great fan base and I really hope they get through this stronger. Their fans deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        These numbers make more sense to me. I have a soft spot for OSU. My father and both brothers went there (mother is a Sooner). I was the black sheep that went south but I have always loved that campus. They have a great fan base and I really hope they get through this stronger. Their fans deserve it.
        None of those eight are going to get through this stronger. If you look at the same viewership #'s for the teams in the PAC 12, Big 10 and ACC you will see why none of those conferences has handed out invites to any of these remaining Big 12 teams. Say OU and OSU had got invited to the SEC last week instead, the other 3 conferences would be fighting over UT right now and they would be in the conference of their choice shortly after.

Comment

I hope UT gets Tech or Ok St. on their non conference schedule after all this shakes out. Those are always some fun games.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
            I hope UT gets Tech or Ok St. on their non conference schedule after all this shakes out. Those are always some fun games.
            That's not SEC ready! It's gonna be more like Texas State, Kent State, Abilene Christian, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
              Do you date your ex after the papers are signed?

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                Do you date your ex after the papers are signed?
                define "dating"

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  That's not SEC ready! It's gonna be more like Texas State, Kent State, Abilene Christian, etc.
                  Tru

Comment

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fmjag64 View Post
                      with nil and everything else happening, college sports, the way we have known it for years and years, is over. It's sad but it's all about money, plain and simple. Yes, money has always been involved but not put on the pedestal like this. It's basically a money grab for players and schools. The reasons i loved college sports so much more than pro are quickly fading away. College sports will never be the same, and not in a good way. So much better when school pride and bragging rights were on the line instead of cash.
                      x100

Comment

Well played

Comment

We got to learn these boys on the SEC. I can’t wait for the first Horn fan to defend their OOC in a few years. [emoji23]

It’s coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got to learn these boys on the SEC. I can’t wait for the first Horn fan to defend their OOC in a few years. [emoji23]

It’s coming!

Nah. We'll take the 4 automatic wins because we gotta face the gauntlet. Vandy. SC. Ole Miss. Mississippi State.

That's 8 wins. Lol. The SEC way.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-03-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Will there be an OOC?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Will there be an OOC?

Yes.

Eerbody trippin on the 32 team NFL jr thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X